post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2009
Vehicle: 2003 CL600 Twin Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Horrible dealership expierience

This is the letter i have been shooting off to anyone who will read it....Greetings
I had brought my 2003 CL600 Twin Turbo for warranty service to Mercedes Benz of Long Beach CA. (Aftermarket warranty, Nissan Quality Guard) & requested an estimate to repair a leaking oil cooler... (The insurance adjuster had determined that was the problem,(which is a covered item.) The writer told me he could not give me an estimate without taking the car in which seemed odd because I wanted everything in place before I jumped into a rental car (the insurance would cover 5 days for the repair) I went ahead and dropped the car off & got the rental car ( From enterprise . In which I paid out of my own pocket to upgrade) .The estimate I get is almost 10.000 dollars. I submit this to the insurance which kicks the claim back. Nobody can figure out why the estimate does not match what the warranty will pay. After a week of botched estimates I was told 5 days later the price that was given was warranty + 30% customer pay...That is why the estimate did not jive with what the insurance was willing to pay.. Now I have burned up a week in the rental car & had to pay $143.00 to tell me what I already knew!!!! Also the insurance company has suspended the claim . If I would have known that up front I would have never had dropped the car off to begin with!!! I am of employee of Schaiers Nissan up the street & our service writers can estimate warranty jobs on the phone because we all have the knowledge & experience with our product to give extended warranty estimates (if our customers know what the problem is)... without seeing the vehicle. (By the way Mr Art Schaier has a very nice S600 .I will let him know how one of his employees was treated) I am also a professional photographer with close friends in the entertainment business (Zakk Wylde- Ozzy Ozborne, Scott L Schwartz-Ultimatebadguy.com, (Law Enforcement) Retired Secret Service Agents who have worked Presidential details in the White House, LA County Sheriffs detectives & others too numerous to mention here…. So… day five after I have turned the rental car in I confront this rude obnoxious service manager telling him if he waives the service charge he will never see me again in which he replies “GOOD” ... Or he will hear my name again . Well here we are!!!! My name is Glen Willis & I will tell this story to everyone who will listen …From the Mercedes Benz forums (My name is TURBO-CL) to the Better Business Bureau to Mercedes Benz corporate Office to people walking down the street … To everyone I know who owns a Mercedes or is thinking of buying a Benz. I will make sure the 143.00 + the 170.00 for the rental car is lost tenfold on your bottom line. In closing (1) make sure to have your service writers tell customers you do not take extended warranty as full payment up front (Plus the deductible) as we do over here at Nissan, That would have eliminated this situation to begin with & I would not be writing these letters. (2) I do not want anything for free, I have worked hard all my life to get what I want & do not mind paying for things that are not covered as I know, having a high end car like this & being in the automotive business myself
Glen Willis

This car is now over at House Of Imports Mercedes( Benz Dealer) in Buena Park CA. What a class establishment. Matt van Lierop & crew took 6 hours to give the correct estimate to the insurance (This about a $7000.00) job ,A $500.00 estimate for things that were not covered in which i have no problem paying & put me in a brand new C300 for the week. Again what a knowlegable & professional dealership & crew. Also Mercedes Benz USA corporate office & Consumer Affairs tried to contact me at work today but i was out having a couple of teeth yanked. i will keep you guys posted on what happens next. I will get my money back if i have to stand out in front this dealership (MB of Long Beach) in a monkey suit with a big sign (well maybe i wont go that far, but maybe I will !!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 11:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Long Beach?
Sounds like they are even worse than the dealer in Walnut Creek.
Have fun with monkey around
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Glad to hear you found a good and honest dealer. Please let us know what the MBUSA response is. There are a lot of horror stories about those 12-cylinder engines and it seems like most involve oil leaks in one form or the other. You were wise to buy an extended warranty.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:28 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sorry about your dealer issue. Seems when I bring my car for an oil change the offer me a loner car, and I get it back washed and detaled.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 09:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: '07 GL320CDI
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Normally your "insurance" company (that's what a warranty company is) is supposed to represent you in these situations. Your's seems really good a rejecting estimates--how about you let them deal with the dealership directly? Until you do this you don't know whether you have a dealership problem or a warranty company problem.

Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'07 GL320CDI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in