LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Nothing looks good in the grime of winter, except perhaps a pure white after a snow storm.
Black will have its days when after car washes when you will say "That's a nice truck" and besides, its an SUV and supposed to look rugged.
You are absolutely right. I just came back from the dealer...we've got some sun shining today. They had both colors on the lot.

I will have to sacrifice a little extra elbow grease in the winter months for what suits the SUV better...BLACK.

There is my decision...it is made and I will not change it... (sure I won't... but it's final now)

I went with Black for the following reasons. Notwithstanding you can get away from a little grime a bit better with non-black, but when that thing is polished up with all the aluminum, shiny grille, aluminum roof racks, MAN IT LOOKS GOOD. I found that it also suits the edgy body design better, especially with the 20" tires ...the car just pops and glistens more in black as it gains better contrast with the aluminum....now only if they had the darn black wood option for interior trim! So I went with the brushed aluminum interior trim....the wood trim offerred just clashes too much I feel with the interior.

I want to sincerely thank everyone who has contributed to this thread....can't wait to get the vehicle.....albeit at the end of December! But heck, my current lease doesn't need to go back until Jan 14 anyways.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: