post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 2006 E350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Info on Extended Warranty and cost request please

Can anyone give me an idea of how much the Mercedes Benz Warranty costs for a 100K. I recently purchased a 2006 E350, still under warranty, from a Mercedes Dealer here in Southern California and they told me I could only buy a 3rd party warranty and only the oringinal owner could buy direclty from Mercedes. I declined and called Mercedes Corp officed direclty and found out that they LIED. Any owner can buy a Mercedes warranty from any Mercedes dealer as long as manufacturers warranty was still in effect. If anyone could help me on pricing so I can negotiate I would really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2009
Vehicle: 2006 clk350
I don't think they lied but were uninformed. When I bought my 06 clk I was told that the extended warrenty was only for original owners or on certified used. This was backed up by extended warrenty flyers at the parts counter and at This was still the case when I had my car in for service in late May. An s-class friend of mine told me that recently (Sept?) they changed that. My warrenty is up 03-10 and I haven't gotten a chance to visit a MB dealer. I was told over the phone "ya gatta come in" to the SALES department to get that info. I will be doing that soon. When I find out I'll get back to ya.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 04:50 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2009
Extended Warranty

I just bought my 2006 E350 it had only 18K miles and 7 months of original warranty. Having owned MBZ before and I know one trip to the dealer out of warranty can pay for a extended warranty. I got a 6 yr. from my purchase date or 100K miles for $3200 through my credit union. This includes all electronics including Navigation. Yes, it was a lot of cash but the coverage is worth it!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Ask your dealer for the price list. It varies with the model and when (how far into the new car warranty) you buy it. I've heard they are negotiable so you might try shopping around. I think they are a worthwhile investment.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 03:26 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2013
I was quoted $2790 for a 7yr/75K and $3980 for a 7ry/100K for a 2010 ML350W4 from MB of Santa Rosa - Smothers European. Does not make any difference from which MB dealer you buy it, it is good with all MB dealers. I have read that the dealers are working off a 50% markup so the MSRP of a 7yr/100K is somewhere around $4400. I have also read that MB of Bethesda, Md will sell one for $200 over their price. I have a call into them to see what their pricing is and will post when I get it.

You must buy the ELW before your original warranty expires, otherwise it is not possible thru MB and you must buy an aftermarket extended warranty.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: