BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bumping old post please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandmaDee View Post
Hello:
The exact same has happened to me. There is a seperate fuse in the trunk for that specific function. You may need to examine all 10-12 fuses to find the right one, as I don't recall if it was labeled on the fuse chart. Remember, this is the TRUNK fuse panel, NOT the engine compartment or driver's side dash fuses. Thanks
Your correct and thanks to this forum I found the fuses too. I wanted to note the fuse chart that covers all fuses in the Benz is located in the fuse panel next to the drivers seat folded all nice and neat. I can copy and post but its of cours e not a standard us paper.

My question my fuse was blown so I changed it however the seat moves up and back just not the full range of motion. I have checked and there is nothing jamming it up. if anyone is still watching this thread please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 06:26 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2010
I fixed my seat! (crosses self) + (Knocks wood) there is a little pin at the end of each track on the back side. one came loose and was fouling the system. I could not see it until I took a thing a ma bob off and it was finally visible thru one of the holes. it took me at least 1.5 hours but thru patience and perseverance I was able to free it. tools I used, I am not joking. Shish ka bob (metal) it fit in the groove, hanger from cleaners wth a little turn on the end, allen wrench finally saved the day I hooked it on the clip thru the hole on the rail and moved the seat back while holding it. I dont need to do my Yoga for the day. If anyone needs I took pictures of the process. Just glad I didnt have to take the seat out. It did sound easy to do though

Cheers
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 09:40 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2011
Vehicle: 63 190SL, 94 SL600, 01 CLK320, 01 S600, '89 300E, '93 500SEC
320CLK Seats are MULTI-FUSED. This means they one fuse will cover up-down while a seperate one forward and back. ALSO each seat has it's own fuses. If you get a repeat fuse that blows after only short usage, CHECK THE SEAT TRACKS THOROUGHLY. Even a piece of paper will blow the fuse. I had a toothpick in my track ruin my life until I really got in there with a couple of flash lights.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 04:52 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2012
Vehicle: clk320 conv
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
glad for the help, i've been driving my car for 2 weeks with my knee's around my kneck
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 03:30 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2015
Thumbs down Repasing the fuse creat a electrical short

My driver seat on my ckl 320 got stock on the forward position, i did replace the fuse located in the trunk and the seat move back but start smoking, something got burned and stop again, now I dot know what to do, were to begin looking, for the problem any ideas were should start checking to find the electric short?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 11:26 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2015
I have the same problem. Seat won't slide forward or backward. I replaced all fuses - still nothing. Switch makes clicking noise when pressed but seat won't move. I checked the rails - no obstruction. Any advice?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in