BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 2003 Mercedes SL500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to serena
(Thread Starter)
Cool Greetings

It is truly a privilege to be affiliated with such a distinguished group. Six months ago, I stepped out on faith and purchased a 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Roadster via eBay which I have rated as one of the most stressful business transaction of a lifetime. I had to pay over $3000 in repair expenses within the first month of purchasing the car and the dealer avoided all communication with my lawyer and me. EBay provided a free Vehicle Protection Plan which only reimbursed individual damage/repair costs in excess of $1000. Despite the incurred unexpected expenses and problems with the radio/GPS which appears to be locked, I am very happy with my car and always receive compliments, especially when the convertible hardtop is down.
In the past, I only dreamed about owning a Mercedes and would settle for a practical car like a SUV or 4-door car that would accommodate my family and dog. After serving 21 years in the Army, surviving breast cancer, and undergoing decompression of the brain, I figured it was time for me to just think about me so I procured my dream car and I am not exaggerating when I write "my dream car". For years, I've had a picture of a 2003 Mercedes SL500 posted on my wish board with a small picture of my face in the driver's seat and I promised myself that I would get this car when I retired for the military. Well, I have decided to give the military at least two-three more years but I refused to wait another day without owning my dream car.

Serena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 07:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1998 SLK230 210,xxx Miles
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 07:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: C55 AMG
Welcome and Congrats!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 08:35 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: W116 450 SEL 1979 W111 220S 1962
Thumbs up! Most people go through life without getting what they want because they never ask for it. Or never go for it? Happy owning ur dream car. Yup mercs are a trifle bit expensive to maintain but then you never get spectator compliments and ooh aahs from kids if you own a toyota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.