LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
vito misfire and white smoke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
My van was running fine (108cdi) apart from the fact it was losing water from the waterpump. I thought i would tackle this job, but after having a go in the rain i decided it was not for me. I took the van to a friend of a friends garage and they did the job for £90 (was ok with that) On collection of my van it now has a misfire and is pumping out white smoke, It is bad on tickover and at low revs, it sort of clears at higher revs. Engine is making usual nasty noises that come with this. Doing the job I know they had to remove the mount and drop the engine, my theory is that a pipe or wire may be damaged? as it was running fine when i turned it off, and a smokey pile of .... when they started it up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 03:12 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2005 CL65 AMG
Did it overheat when it was losing water from the pump? It sounds like a head gasket. Does the white smoke have a sweet antifreeze smell? If they didn't bleed the air out of the cooling system it could have air locked and overheated. Have someone do a pressure check on the cooling system to see if it holds pressure. This would tell you for sure. It's a quick check to start eliminating things.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
(Thread Starter)
Hi van did not overheat and have not noticed sweet smell. There is no loss of water since pump done the oil still looks good and there is no muck in oil filler cap. Would one of those plug in diagnostic boxes tell me if an injector was stuck or something like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in