Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

06 CLK 350 Key Remote Will not Work

7K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Larry Long 
#1 ·
I have a 06 CLK 350 which one the remotes stopped working. I replaced the batteries and reset it per the manual, but still will not function. Light works but no response. I contacted the dealer and they stated the boards go bad and would have to order a new one. I asked about re-programming one as they are available on e-bay. They stated once a remote is programed for one vehicle, it cannot be re-programed for another. Anyone have insight on this? Thanks!

#10 ·
I had one replaced under the standard 4/50 warranty and just looked at my 8/100 extended warranty policy, and in their brochure states "central locking system includes all actuators, linkages, remote transmitters (excluding batteries) and recievers. They somehow don't cover the radio or faceplate.

#12 ·
Made an appointment with MB of Orlando about the remote and some other issues. They were able to re-program the system and the remote worked. If this had failed, a new remote would have been covered under warranty. I don't know why it only affected one remote and not both. Thanks for all the help!

#13 · (Edited)
I have a 2001 S430 neither remote will work. I have new batteries and can lock and unlock with lazor sometime. I understand that I can pull the fuse and it will reset the remote access but there is not a Fuse Chart in either Fuse Panel under the hood and I could not find a chart in the Owners manuel. Can anyone help? Thanks, Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.