LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Can anyone help?

I have a 2001 (51plate) C32 the car has only done 57k, it was fine running great then i went to work turned it off, went to start it to go home and no go, it is turning over fine and the RAC came out and plugged it in and said there was no faults!, he sprayed some easy start through the air filters and it fired straight up then cut out again as he stopped?, i cannot hear the fuel pump priming, which leads me to think it is this, but also i have read that the crank and camshaft sensors tell the fuel pump to work is this right??, any ideas are welcome as the cheapest i have found is £980!! WOW, thanks in advance chris.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 07:28 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 1999 E300TD
Hey Chris, it could be a lot of things so you have to start with the easy ones to check first. You need to locate your fuse diagram which is located either in the trunk or next to the headlight switch in back of a small panel that can easily be removed. A lot of times you will not have any codes in the system with the year of your car and the older software that is in the computers. It is true that a bad crank sensor will shut off the fuel but a bad cam sensor wont do that. A bad cam sensor will cause a "long" crank but the car will still start up. If your not sure how to check anything then find someone with mechanical knowledge and these checks are not that hard to do. Locate the fuel pump relay and "jump" the pins to turn the fuel pump on. If you jump it with the key on and you have no fuel at the fuel rail then your looking at a bad fuel pump. It's a lot of info but let me know if you have more questions..
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2009
(Thread Starter)
C32 still broken

Hi, thanks for your tips , i have checked the fuses all seem good although a copy of a diagream would be great, and i could just make sure i have not missed anything, i also bridged the relay again my mercedes dealer said they dont have one so i have managed to find some limited information and bridged the one in the boot on the left hand side, this didnt work, so i put a live straight from the battery to the top of the motor in the tank, a bit brutal but a definitive that the pump still works. So not sure, could really do with fixing it now though. Is a auto electrician the next move? thanx chris
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: