post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2009
Vehicle: 2006 CLK350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New to me 2006 CLK350

I bought a (new to me) fully loaded 2006 CLK350 a few weeks ago. It came off a lease, had pretty low miles (17K) and a great price tag. It’s quite the upgrade from the 2000 Madza Protégé I used to drive. I have never been one to spend money on a car, I’ve always invested it in other areas. My perspective has long been that a car is an expense, so I have generally gone the economical & reliable route.

I have reached a point in life where my perspective is gradually changing (midlife crisis???). When I was looking for a car I wanted something sporty but still have a back seat that could move 2 of my 3 kids if needed (if I had all three I’d just take the wife’s SUV). I have three young kids (8 yrs and younger), one still in diapers.

When we started to look for “the replacement” the wife was dead set on a BMW and I started longing for a Mercedes as I used to pass a dealership on the way to work every day. I honestly didn’t think we would get either and started looking at new cars in a lower price range than the BMW’s & Mercedes. The first dealership I looked at was a Nissan dealership, I was stuck on the 3.5L Nissan Altima Coupe. When I described what I was looking for he proceeded to sell me on a used car they just got in (CLK350). The Mercedes was up on a stand facing the road and I didn’t bother getting into it as I have a real distain for sales guys that try to “sell” you a product. I did however noticed they also had three BMW’s on the lot so I brought the wife back a few days later to look at those and the Mercedes.

While the sales guy was trying to “dismount” the Mercedes from its perch, the wife and I checked out the BMW’s. The wind was released from her sails after sitting in the 3 series BMW’s, they were fairly plain and small. Once we sat in the Mercedes it was a completely different feel and I was pretty close to sold. Once the wife drove it I knew I would be prying the keys from her.

To the point: Both the wife and I are very happy with our new car….the kids blew a gasket. Every day my oldest son asks me if we can go out for a ride in it. My youngest son cries when I pry him out of it….he has yet to actually ride in it (I let him sit in it in the driveway), I won’t put a baby’s seat in that car.

I am a little scared of the potential repair bills but I don’t think I will ever regret buying this car.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 11:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1998 SLK230 199,xxx Miles
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Vehicle: 2006 CLK350
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by leapyfish View Post
Welcome to the forum
look here W209 CLK Class - - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum for diy info.
Thanks, it took me a while to navigate the many sub-forms here.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:13 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Vehicle: Formerly 2006 CLK350
Hello there, I'm a newbie to the M-B family as well. Nice to meet a fellow '06 CLK350 owner.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2004 CLK 240 Coupe
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Hi Guys - looking forward to seeing both of you over on the W209 forum.

We are very happy over there to help solve any problems that come your way - if we can. Take a look through the current posts, or use the Search facility ^^^ to find past topics in the website archive.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: