post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 2006 E350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann View Post
Almost everything I have tried leaves streaks.
Ah Glass. My observation is that there are so many things with so many different chemistries that end up on our windows that it is almost impossible to come up with one product that does it all.

I don't use anything with ammonia. Ammonia will fog some (most?) window-tinting film.

I use one product that seems to be mostly isopropyl alcohol and water. Then if that doesn't cut it I get out the Stoner Glass Cleaner.

I really like the alcohol-water product the best because as long as I use a good microfiber cloth it does not seem to leave streaks.

Dave Barnhart
Phoenix, AZ
2006 E350
Past Mercedes:
1993 300E
1984 300D
My E350 Blog
My 300E Website
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 11:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1962 W111 220SE Coupe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Newspaper cleans the glass well without leaving streaks or too many remaining particles. In fact, I use only water and newspaper which seems to work better than most anything else as far as streak-free cleaning, water is a solvent after all. I learned this from a 70-something year old man who still worked in the detail shop of a high-end used car dealership.
Water as a Solvent

Once you have your wheels clean, wax them with the same car wax you use on the body... your wheels will stay MUCH cleaner and the brake dust that accumulates will wash off easily next time.

-Marrs

The Coupe Group (W111/112 coupes and cabs)official website
The Coupe Group on Facebook

"Too many people are working at jobs they hate, to buy things they don't particularly want, to impress people they don't even care about." --Dr. Deepak Chopra
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnhart View Post
...I use one product that seems to be mostly isopropyl alcohol and water. Then if that doesn't cut it I get out the Stoner Glass Cleaner. I really like the alcohol-water product the best because as long as I use a good microfiber cloth it does not seem to leave streaks.
What is the name of the isopropyl/water product please? I have Stoner's Invisible Glass and that seems to work pretty well.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in