LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
i need major help ASAP!!

wow how bad things always happen to me. last nite i popped my trunk to get my school books out, me being un-experienced placed the key in my trunk and closed it - - now im locked outta my own car. i called AAA they came open my front door engaging the alarm, now the cars open but nothing works and i cannot pop the trunk- the car shut off all the power to due safety from the alarm......my question is??? how the hell do i open my trunk. i have no spare key nor money to buy one. i called many locksmiths but none wud do it cus its a "mercedes". is there anyway to reset the alarm or open the trunk or remove the back seats so i can get my keys??? i desperately need answers my cars been sitting at my friends house for two days :[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:30 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 2002 CLK 430 & 1989 Camaro RS Fuel Injected
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_clk430 View Post
wow how bad things always happen to me. last nite i popped my trunk to get my school books out, me being un-experienced placed the key in my trunk and closed it - - now im locked outta my own car. i called AAA they came open my front door engaging the alarm, now the cars open but nothing works and i cannot pop the trunk- the car shut off all the power to due safety from the alarm......my question is??? how the hell do i open my trunk. i have no spare key nor money to buy one. i called many locksmiths but none wud do it cus its a "mercedes". is there anyway to reset the alarm or open the trunk or remove the back seats so i can get my keys??? i desperately need answers my cars been sitting at my friends house for two days :[
If the door is open did you pop the hood and disconnect the battery for atlaest 30 min.? If not, do so then reconnect, or reconnect with your friend holding the trunk pop button, or you could manually put power to your trunk pop button some how, or you could pop the first aid box or a speaker out and reach down and pull the latch to the back seats or press the green saftey kidnapping button in the trunk when you get in, all may work but I have not tried. Just trying to follow Obamas message and help others!

Stereotypes are never 100% false!

"Life is fraud when your fake, but it's so hard when your real."
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance." -Edgar J. Mohn
"What up black cop, every brother ain't no brother." -Styles P
"Fat people on elevators are self explanatory and count as two for safety reasons."
"...and if you're going to die for a cause let be cause I was high, and they tried to take the Benz!"

G's Up...
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
i appreciate it man but sumhow ive tried everything possible and it doesnt work. the battery is in the trunk so that jus ruins that option, as far as removing the first aid, do u mean breaking it?? cus i took a long and it seems glued on by its borders. whats the easiest way to get to the trunk from the inside cabin?
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:44 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

mb roadside assistance should be able to get them out for you. they may or may not charge you depending. they have access to an online database that instructs them on how to retrieve the keys from your trunk. the number should be behind the drivers sunvisor vanity mirror cover.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:47 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

or, if it's a convertible, look in your owners manual on how to manually open your top. when you get the u shaped top comparment cover open, there should be some space to get your arm into the trunk.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:51 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 2002 CLK 430 & 1989 Camaro RS Fuel Injected
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_clk430 View Post
i appreciate it man but sumhow ive tried everything possible and it doesnt work. the battery is in the trunk so that jus ruins that option, as far as removing the first aid, do u mean breaking it?? cus i took a long and it seems glued on by its borders. whats the easiest way to get to the trunk from the inside cabin?
My fault I forgot the battery was in the GD trunk, but the wires to it and all the fuse boxes are not. So start pulling alarm related fuses and unhooking stuff. Also think about cutting in the middle of the first aid box, cause all you need is the outside to hold the actual first aid kit, plus you can always put the displaced peice back. Or drill a big enough hole there to poke the green button with something!

Stereotypes are never 100% false!

"Life is fraud when your fake, but it's so hard when your real."
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance." -Edgar J. Mohn
"What up black cop, every brother ain't no brother." -Styles P
"Fat people on elevators are self explanatory and count as two for safety reasons."
"...and if you're going to die for a cause let be cause I was high, and they tried to take the Benz!"

G's Up...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 02:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 2006 S500, 2002 CLK320, 1980 300SD Turbo, 1995 C220, 2003 ML350, Kawasaki Ninja 500R, Yamaha YZF600R
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
omg d00d this is my biggest fear I am really looking forward to you resolving this and hearing about what you ended up doing
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
When you fix this fiasco, buy another key. Someday you will be somewhere away from home and your 1 key will stop working. I think you can contact MB Roadside Assistance using 800-FOR-MERC. Good luck.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:01 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 1997 s420
Send a message via Yahoo to jackfrost22
not to blow my own horn lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann View Post
When you fix this fiasco, buy another key. Someday you will be somewhere away from home and your 1 key will stop working. I think you can contact MB Roadside Assistance using 800-FOR-MERC. Good luck.
but the same happend to me with mine a 1997 s420 locked my key in the tunk cuz i had a million things on my mind at once then i said oh god pleez work went in my car hit the trunk pop button and it swung open ha ha on my car u must lock all doors b4 the trunk an gas cap locks good job benzo peeps.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 09:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2002
Vehicle: 92 500SEL to 01 E320T and others
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ok try this, remove the back seat bottom, locate the foam encapsulated PSE pump which should have a yellow line coming of it, gently pull it off, and apply pressure to it. A bicycle pump should do it, it should raise all the locks. I know this works on a 140 I hope it works for you, otherwise MB can order a key overnite. Forget trying to get in from the back seat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in