LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Aug 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
04' C230K issue

New to the forums, but have looked through it for help. Seems like my problem is a bit different than what I found so I thought I would post my issue.

I have an 04' c230k sport and about a week ago I had my CE light come on with a P0170 code. They checked for vacuum leaks and claimed my MAF was the issue, with no leaks. Had it replaced, along with the air filter. CE light came back on after about 10 miles of driving, although I did notice a nice boost in performance. They only reset the CE light after the work was done. They didn't do any MAF reset. After reading through the forums, some techs said it may take up to 350 miles to reset itself, so I said ok will see what happens. Light went off the next day and stayed off for about 75 miles. The following day it came back on for about 20 miles and then went back off and stayed off for 2 days and came back on. Went back to the mechanic to see what the 2 codes were from the CE light. Both codes were P0171 now. Turned car back on and light was off and stayed off for 4 days of about 200 miles driven. Was thinking ok I haven't driven it for 300-350 miles yet, so I waited until I reached that point, in which I did. Light came back on today again. I have driven about 400 miles since the initial MAF replacement. Here is the thing. The car only pops the CE light when I am idle, but the car idles perfect and runs like a bat out of hell. It seriously runs great. Seems to run as nice as the day I bought it to be honest. The days it didn't pop the light, it was a tad cooler here in vegas, in the 90Fs. When it did pop, it was over 105F out. Although the two previous summers were very hot and I had no CE lights. I am somewhat mechanically inclined with cars and would like to know some info of what might be causing this. It has 75k miles on it. Now the mechanic wants me to bring it back in to check for vacuum leaks again. Anybody offer some clue to what this might be? I would appreciate it. Should the O2 sensors be replaced with the MAF? They say they should be replaced after 60k usually. The only other issue I can see is that about a month ago, my air intake boot thing had the material rip off it, so I taped it because the local dealer didn't have one in stock. I ran it like that for about a week, until they got me the part. Would that cause any other issue? I have always used Premium fuel and have maintained the car very well. Thanks for any input you can give.

Last edited by Agibbon; 08-26-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: