LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Aug 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to PIMP380SE
(Thread Starter)

Hey guys I gotta a nice ol 1983 380se shes in good nick was owned and garaged by a grandpa have started to modify. Will add pics sometime soon. Just got a few questions:

- Cutting springs, i know its really bad but until i get new 18 inch rims im not doing suspension as i want it all done properly, yet im getting lots of body roll so i need to lower asap so, i want to go real safe and not really compromise comfort. Considering a light cut. What can i safely do? I was also considering looking into the self leveling. With the Soarers/Lexus base model you can adjust ride height via a dash swith, so was wondering if i install that successfully i could adjust back ride height, and lower front? This would get a phase two when rims/suspension come on.

- Air intake - Does anyone make a high flow filter for this model, not a crappy pod i want a straight fit, as im going to modify air intake

- Rims - Anyone know any good rim sources for this model? Suggestions? Was either going to go 100 spoke with white walls (the cars white too) or like a 5 or 6 spoke deep dish racing wheel

Thanks guys!

Todays task: Putting in 2 x 12" pioneers and 2 soundstream amps. 1 farad capacitor. should be fun
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Aug 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to PIMP380SE
(Thread Starter)

Currently running a twin system exhaust all the way to back with sports muffler and twin 3 inch chrome dump pipes. Also have put in Subs/Amps, CD Player with Aux in and an Iphone cradle. Just doing all the majpr services now. Anyone can answer my above questions/recommend things i can do to this model/caring for my mercedes??? What do people clean there leather with, Chemical sprays or natural moisturising somehow?

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 11:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Are cutting springs the same thing as lowering springs? If you decide to go with 18 inch rims would you have clearance issues? The ride with 18 inch rims in a w126 will be very good. All that being said, it is your car and it is up to you to get it the way you want. I am going to make a suggestion though. If you go to the w126 forum, there is a sticky with members cars. Before making any changes take a look at some of those cars and see if there is a look that appeals to you. My personal preference on rims on this chassis are AMG monoblocks.
Congratulations on your car. The w126 is my favorite chassis. Post some pictures when you get a chance. (and do not forget to check out the w126 forum!)

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: