Date registered: Aug 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Advice on buying 2007 C320 CDI
First hello to all,
I am thinking of buying a 2007 C320 CDi Elegance berline (4 door) in France, looking to pay in the region of Euro 32,000 with 24,000 km (15,000 miles). Its not Avantgarde and does not come Agility Control Package. I have some questions.
1. Whats the general opinion of these, especially the diesel?
2. Anything to look out for when buying?
3. Overall, are these reliable cars? What potential problems are expected?
4. Is 7-G Tronic standard with these?
5. Any body style changes coming?
6. I read that in 2008 a new generation V6 to replace the current V6 powerplants. Can this be confirmed?
The car has had two owners. The Mercedes dealer is willing to provide all history and maintenance records. It comes with 2 year Mercedes warranty. If financed over 5 years the Mercedes warranty is 5 years. Warranty covers everything except normal wear and tear like brakes, battery, etc.
The car looks and runs like new. Dealer claims no accidents or any issues with the car. Is there anyway these claims can be confirmed? For example, is there a database that by using the Chassis number, the history of the car can be checked?
I apologize for the lengthy paragraphs above, but I do need your help.
Any other comments.
Thank you in advance