I think it must be a problem with the cluster because i just dont have the option to check..
I don't think that it is a problem with your cluster. Do you know about this procedure for M-B without dipstick?
CHECK OIL LEVEL:
NB: For a valid reading, ensure:
a) your car is level. b) engine oil is at working temp. Also allow 10 mins for oil drainage into the sump.
1) Put the key in the ignition switch (pos 0)
2) Turn the key to position 1, and use the system selector button on the steering wheel to display temperature.
3) Within 3 seconds push the "reset" stem 3 times.
After a beep, a display of your present battery voltage EB should appear on your cluster.
4) Use the arrow up/down button on your steering wheel until you see oil level - , - l
on your screen.
5) Now turn the ignition key to pos 2 (not START!)
6) The oil level - , - l
now will appear with numbers representing liters. This is the oil level in your sump.
Mine showed 6.9 liters soon after the engine was turned off, and 10 mins later it showed 7.5 liters.
This route also allows FSS reset, and the DYNO off facility.