misfueling mistake - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 04:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
The older diesels could take good percentage of gas in it. Actually that was older remedy to keep diesel liquefied in cold weather.
How cdi acts to gas was unterminated so far, but 100 km is pretty good test, isn't it?
At this point , what I believe is 1/4 tank of mix already gone, I would fill it up again to dilute the gas even more and keep adding 1/4 tank at least couple more times.
Good luck and keep us posted.
You might be the one busting some myths about new diesels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1984 380SL, 2000 BMW Z3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Diesel/Gas/Diesel

I'm not a mechanic and not familiar with the new engines. I had one of GM's finest failures, a Buick diesel. Diesel here in Florida is not blended for freezing and one of the coldest winters we had the damned thing froze twice. After towing to the dealer twice to thaw, the service rep told me to mix 1 gallon of gas with 10 gallons of diesel. I was happy to get rid of that POS.

Second experience was putting about 100 gallons of diesel in the local Acura dealer's 42' sport fisherman before he caught me. I mean I asked "diesel?" and he nodded. Anyway he called his head mech and he said it was OK to run it (500 gallon tank). Might smoke a bit but NP.

And of course 21 years in the Army with many sizes multi-fuel trucks and engines. Those things will run on buttermilk I think.

So maybe a little gas in the diesel won't hurt and keep topping it off like already mentioned?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 04:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: w204 (C350ELE)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Now, considering the property of fluids, I'd say the best and only safe course of action y to drain the tank and piping, change the filter and load new diesel oil.

I think it will be a clean break that will not damage anything, opposite to a big chance to blow that engine up.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
hehe

Thanks guys for all the help. I did confess to my father, and he took it better than I thought. So sorry, no drama Of course I had to hear a lecture about my proverbial irresponsibility and what was I thinking, but i guess i deserved it. He said that he thinks that 5 liters of benzine will not damage the car. And listen to this, he said that he also did it, not once but twice and that he had to go to pump the gas out. He said he will take the car to the mechanic and because the tank was already almost full when I put in those 5 liters (or maybe less), there should be no problems. But of course I will have to take care of the bill
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 06:40 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado View Post
Thanks guys for all the help. I did confess to my father, and he took it better than I thought. So sorry, no drama Of course I had to hear a lecture about my proverbial irresponsibility and what was I thinking, but i guess i deserved it. He said that he thinks that 5 liters of benzine will not damage the car. And listen to this, he said that he also did it, not once but twice and that he had to go to pump the gas out. He said he will take the car to the mechanic and because the tank was already almost full when I put in those 5 liters (or maybe less), there should be no problems. But of course I will have to take care of the bill
Well done sir

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 01:11 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Been there don that! I ruined my company's car last year! What they were thinking, buying four cars that looks the same, with different engine types! But unfortunately I didn't stop at 5 liters, I had an almost empty tank, filled up, and then drove till the engine failed. You should hear my boss, he was not so understanding as your father Co-worker then by coincidence found a solution for those problems, just waiting to happened, while surfing the web, Solodiesel. Now we, (speciali me don't have those misfueling problems again. Maybe you should buy your father one of these caps, before it's too late But like I said before, call the mechanic as soon as possible and get the car checked!
Take care

Last edited by zvezda; 07-15-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in