BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 1999 S500 w140 Obsidian Black
Location: Bay Area
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New member from Bay Area (California)
Glad to be part of this group! I have an all black 1983 500 SEL (grey market) and a 1999 S500 (black exterior and black interior). Although my 1999 S500 is pretty stock I have made the following upgrades:
1. WALD full bodykit
2. Wheels: 20 inch D'Vinci Tuscani chrome in staggard fitment (front: 20x8.5 ; rear: 20x10)
3. Tires: front: 245/35/20 ; rear: 275/30/20
I have not lowered the car and it is at stock height, but it looks low enough with the WALD bodykit. I also have the LED tail lights clear on order and should arrive next week. I'll post those pics after installation.
The pics I have attached are with my old wheel/tire package which is not staggard. I will also post those pics as soon as I have time to take them.
These are the modifications I am thinking about next:
1. Projector with HALO headlights (I've seen some bad reviews on this board though about them, so I might wait).
2. Replace with all interior lighting with blue LED bulbs including dashboard lighting.
3. Light tint all around
4. Replace front grill with all black grill
5. Side rear-view mirrors with updated LED turn signals/blinkers
6. License plate light (blue)
I have been very happy with this S500 and have never had any engine problems. The only problems I have had are small electrical ones:
1. drivers side window switch/motor/regulator
2. side rear-view mirror switch just went out
3. rear sunshade does not work. Probably just a switch.
Again, I have been very happy with this vehicle! I am also looking at the new S550 class. I really like how MBZ went back to the big body design with this class.