cls 550 cigarette lighter fuse location - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2009
cls 550 cigarette lighter fuse location

where is the cigarette lighter fuse location?
jma318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Good question, but I can look it up at work Tuesday.
Pembroke36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

I figured it out. The manual is wrong of course. The fuse for the back seat cigarette lighter is in the fuse panel in the trunk on the drivers side behind a cover with two twist lock knobs next to the navigation cd player. The fuse is the highest vertically wise of the 2-15 amp blue fuses in this fuse block.
The front seat cigarette lighter is located under the hood, drivers side of the engine compartment towards the back. The fuse Block is under a rubber cover which comes off with two twist knobs. Under the rubber cover, the fuse block has a black plastic cover that has 2 slide locks on it. remove the cover and out of several blue 15 amp fuses in this terminal, it is the last one in the very back of the fuse block closest to the windshield. It is right behind one that is offset just a little. Very tight to get to. Use plastic fuse puller to get out.
The 2 local dealerships were clueless, both times car was in for service and this was one of the items, it came back without it being fixed. Numerous other forums had no clue or wrong info, one guy who claimed he was a mercedes mechanic said it was under the seat on this car, wrong of course. i really love this car but the service challenges of this car are a joke and out of 3 dealerships the car has been to, rarely are items fixed right. I have a 2002 chevy truck with 200k miles on it that I have yet to put a dime into it for repairs, just maintenance. This car has oil leaks, a/c problems, bad brakes from day one, finally we were told by the dealership to have the brakes done elsewhere as they know the MB brake pads are worthless so we did and wow no problems since, no squeals, no fading, no slippage in the rains amazing. a miserable non user friendly GPS system that when updates come out, they are out of date already by over a year, its so bad that we finally bought a Garmin Nuvi 350 that we use instead that was only $300 that is 100 times better and easier to use with more and better more up to date info on it. Love the looks, styling, ride, power of the car but never imagined that an $80,000 car would be so unreliable and expensive to maintain repair wise vs my chevy truck that only cost $20,000.

Last edited by jma318; 06-27-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: '07 GL320CDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma318 View Post
Love the looks, styling, ride, power of the car but never imagined that an $80,000 car would be so unreliable and expensive to maintain repair wise vs my chevy truck that only cost $20,000.
Boy, here's a guy that doesn't get it.

Your CLS is much closer to being a Ferrari than it is to being a Camry--which it seems you really wanted. Or maybe you really did want something with a 50-year-old engine design--like your chebbie.

And I at least know that Mercedes owners manuals don't include fuse locations--so it couldn't have been "wrong."
lkchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

U dont get it, I do love the car and mercedes benz and fully accepted that higher performing cars have higher tolerances so they require more babying but what is frustrating is the lack of support from Mercedes and their dealership training. 3 different dealerships are clueless. I dont care how much it costs to fix somehing but fully expect it to be fixed right. Squealing brakes are not acceptable in any car no matter how much it costs, a/c problems either, high performance engine some issues yes but not basic items like I said brakes, a/c cigarette lighter, heck the lighter plug has been replaced 3x, the fuses 5 times in 2-1/2 years so don't give me that ferrari cop out line. mercedes is supposed to be the finest engineered car in the world, yet a $300 GPS that is the size of a deck of cards is higher engineered and out performs by 1000%the small briefcase sized GPS in this car. Like to repeat, the looks, styling and performance make this car worth every penny and I just have to put up the little things and overlook them.
Oh and by the way you are wrong about the owners manual, mine shows it located in the 3rd fuse block located in the passenger compartment drivers side of the dash in a panel that you get to by opening the door to get to it as it is on the side of the dash panel. This panel actually has a sheet folded up in it that you can remove that has a diagram and fuse legend of the car with that fuse block location and the one in the trunk shown but not the one under the hood oh and get this, the fuse location legend on that sheet doesn't even show the cigarette lighter fuses at all anywhere. How stupid is that?

Last edited by jma318; 06-27-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Quote:
I figured it out. The manual is wrong of course. The fuse for the back seat cigarette lighter is in the fuse panel in the trunk on the drivers side behind a cover with two twist lock knobs next to the navigation cd player. The fuse is the highest vertically wise of the 2-15 amp blue fuses in this fuse block.
Which manual are you referring to? The car manual should not have any fuse lists, just the list of fuse boxes. Do you mean the fuse box locations was not shown in the manual? MB does not want users to look at certain fuse boxes and then leave the description out from the manual. I would still not call the manual being wrong. After all, hardly any user manual explains how to remove the piston from the engine (different thing but a line needs to be drawn somewhere).
Diesel Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 1990 300 SEL...2000Ford Fairmont
Send a message via AIM to redlaser
Mercedes are not noted for their reliability (or their resale value)..they are noted for their safety, ride, comfort,handling,longevity and pizaz...so if u want reliability buy a Toyota..
redlaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

dieselbenz reply

The owners manual which comes with the car in the glove box clearly states/shows the fuse (singular) for the cigarette lighters (plural) is located in the fuse box in the passenger compartment on the side of the dash on the drivers side, the first time we had the car in the shop to fix this item we were told by our srvice advisor as well that it took an hour to figure it out as their factory shop manuals said the same thing and was wrong as well. Stupid me at the time didnt bother to ask where they found them in case it happened again,

1- its not one fuse its two fuses
2- they are not there, they are in the fuse boxes located- one in the trunk, one under the hood,

The manual is wrong by every definition out there.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

redlaser reply

when you advertise a car as being the "Best Engineered car in the world" that pretty much implies to people reliability
Old 06-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Quote:
The owners manual which comes with the car in the glove box clearly states/shows the fuse (singular) for the cigarette lighters (plural) is located in the fuse box in the passenger compartment on the side of the dash on the drivers side, the first time we had the car in the shop to fix this item we were told by our srvice advisor as well that it took an hour to figure it out as their factory shop manuals said the same thing and was wrong as well. Stupid me at the time didnt bother to ask where they found them in case it happened again,

1- its not one fuse its two fuses
2- they are not there, they are in the fuse boxes located- one in the trunk, one under the hood,

The manual is wrong by every definition out there.
Would you be able to provide more info about this. I've seen a few errors in a user manual before but this sounds interesting. Not because of the error you found but the actual fuse assignment being part of a user manual for a modern MB.

Is this a US car? Which model year? Could you please scan and post a copy of the relevant page from the user manual where the fuse assignment is printed, preferably with page numbers shown.

I had a look at all the US copies of the CLS manuals from 2006 to 2009 that I could find and none had actual fuse assignments printed.

Your copy could be a different revision of the manual that I have, even from the same year.
Diesel Benz is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz