LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
W208 CLK 320 Gremlins

I recently bought a 1998 CLK 320 Elegance and this thing has been a money pit. I recently had problems with the engine fan module (which I replaced), the brake light switch (replaced) and today I had the nearside rear wheel speed sensor replaced and the MAF Sensor replaced too. All good.

However, the BAS/ASR and ABS warning lights still come back on, the engine fan warning came one and now the damn thing will not start first time.

I turn the key and it starts, gets up to about 750rpm then literally dies. It starts second time round albeit struggling to get past the 750rpm mark before idling at 1000 rpm. This happens consistently.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Mechanic says the engine fan is fine and is working but no error code has shown up in memory for this (I'm not mad, I didn't imagine it).

Anyway, the intermittent BAS/ASR/ABS fault has now cleared itself (again!!!!) but will no doubt reoccur. It occured straight after I picked it up from the garage today and I took it straight back in. The diagnostic code still showed that the nearside rear speed sensor was faulty, even though it had been replaced. The error codes were cleared and I took it out again but it occured again after about 400m.

I can't help thinking these faults are all interconnected somehow. Or the car is cursed.

Any thoughts you can share would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: