BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: Black 1999 SLK 230 Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New! Need help! 1999 Super SLK 230
I recently bought a 1999 SLK 230 Sport.
The Check Engine Light Popped On few days ago. Went to AutoZone and code was this.
Code P0410 Air injection system malfunction
Computer Repair is my specialty (Not Cars) However Im not an idiot.lol
What can I do on my end before I need to take it to a mechanic. Car is running great.
Have heard of some cars where CEL is a problem coming on with no real mechanical problem.
Answers would be greatly appreciated. thanks. i love this car!
Got these quick fixes from other forums
1. Reset Codes
There are two nobs on the instrument panel. The nob on the left resets your odometer, this is the nob we are going to use, lets call it button 1. In addition, there are two positions when you insert the key nto the ignition. The second position lights up all of the instrument lights before turning on the car, this is the position we are going to use, lets call it position 2.
1. Turn key in steering lock to position (2)
2. Within 4 seconds press button (1) twice
3. The present status for distance is displayed. Within 10 seconds turn key in steering lock to position 0 (starting position without taking the key out)
4. Press and hold button (1), while turning key in steering lock to position 2 again. The present status for distance is displayed once more. Continue to hold button (1)
5. Release button (1) when you hear a beep. You have now reset it successfully.
just tried on slk 2oo 2002 model worked first time thanks to the man that posted answer
2. I think the person was wondering how you reset the check engine light yourself. Obviously, everything can be fixed by taking it to a MB dealer. I imagine that is not at all what they were looking for.
All you have to do is to pull the EFI fuse and then put it back in. This will reset the system. That is much more simple.