BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Brief Intro... 1 benz, 2 benz 3, 4 and 5 :-)
Hi all I'm new to the forum but have owned five benz's thus far.
- One w123 230e 1981 in brown with tan interior and lots of chrome plating everywhere. Absolutely mint condition with interior unmarked. Beautiful car. Bought in Sydney Australia.
- One 1989 w124 300e - lightly abused and came with no service history but it never skipped a beat. Amazing car. Bought in Sydney Australia.
- One 1993 w124 300e - Two tone kind of tan and silver colour with tan interior. Bought from a MB retail outlet in Sydney. Probably the best example I've ever seen. Virtually every aspect was flawless including the service history. Bought in Sydney Australia.
- One 1999 e270 cdi - Again, mint and my first diesel. I love the diesel. Its the most comfortable car I've owned but it doesn't appear to be as well built as the w124's. I've had to pay for a cracked intake manifold 2k+ service with MB and the computer would randomly chuck a fit! It would spit out an error that my abs and esp and a whole bunch of other systems were off line due to a fault but then it would change its mind. Wonder diesel engine however. Loved it. Bought in Sydney Australia from MB retail outlet.
- Lastly a 1992 w201 190e 2.6 - great condition of the body, engine and interior but suspension is quite worn and the transmission is too I'm afraid:-(. Its my first MB purchased in North America and I'm kind of disappointed somewhat. There was hardly any choice to start with and those I've looked at were all being sold without any sort of service history (a mere question about service history brought about the look of bemusement on the faces of respective owners/dealers as if it was par for course for old cars to be sold without any form of service history and I am setting unreasonable expectations by asking even). Bought in Vancouver Canada.
My experience with Benz's has been amazing thus far. Even the abused ones would still perform admirably. I love the w124's the best and will quest to find one in great condition now that I'm based in North America. There ought to be one:-). I hope to make a few friends on the forum and get some good advice along the way.