LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking Hi!!

I just acquired a 02 c230k and i love it! I love how small and easy it is to park and the fact i fit nicely into parking spaces! The only downfall is that the car is black and was not well taken care of. Its been keyed, the trunk star was broken and super glued back on and now is half missing.

I joined to learn more about the car and maybe fix the flaws. I am in the bay area, ca and would love to chat with others. Thanks for reading!

-It's so hard keeping a black benz clean...
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Always Remembered RIP
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade

Hello and welcome to benzworld!!

Plenty of experts on here to help you with good advice with your car.

As someone born in San Francisco and lived there for a good portion of his life till moving away at the end of 2004, I agree that your car is a nice choice for those congested urban spots all over the SF bay area.

My big Mercedes was always a pain to drive and park in San Francisco, so I usually took MUNI the underground or just walked or took the old '91 Volvo places.

Your little one sounds nimble to zip around and park easily though. But keep in mind, there is NO respect for Mercedes Benz cars in the City. People will ding it, hit it, and as you found, will vandalize it, either from within or without San Fran.

So far as the scratch is concerned, the best paint shop I know is EuroDesign down on Millbrae near the train tracks down in San Bruno. Rick Martinez is the owner and runs a first class operation, all the Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes and Maseratis get fixed there, and those owners expect the best work possible.

So far as the trunk star is concerned, any Mercedes Benz dealer near you will have one, they are pretty cheap, under $30 and a body shop like Euro Design can clean up things nicely and install it for a modest cost, preferably when the scratch is done.

You sound like a female by your username, and if so, I understand that appearance counts a LOT in your cars, it did with my g/f when I bought for her the first Mercedes, she still now has. She fretted about a door with a big crease and all I thought about were the mechanical items.

I mentioned that once riding down the street in a bus in Pacific Heights, out the MUNI bus window we saw an old Rolls Royce parked on the street with some huge green gobs of body putty slapped all over one side.

Some woman saw it and screamed out, "OH MY GOD!!! That looks just like a moth-eaten mink coat!!!"

After reading this, she said "Yeah. You get it".

Pleas complete your profile, choose and post up an avatar if you want, and put in your year and make of car and the city where you live, all helpful for people wanting to help with your questions and give advice.

Nothing is harder to keep clean and shiny than a black Mercedes. But when one's been washed and polished, for a little while, NOTHING looks better.

<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the welcome and response. I actually do not go to SF often because driving there is so confusing. I am more familiar with east and south bay. As for the scratches i will have to leave them since i can not afford to fix it.

I am going to call Mercedes and see how much it would cost to replace the trunk emblem. if not i will have to sandpaper the glue off and well glue it back together.

I really do enjoy the supercharger on this little coupe. I still hate the idea that it is black and i have come to terms that it will never be clean. I do have this necrotic issue with clean windows so i guess i can just keep those nice and tidy.

If i ever need work i will keep the shop you listed in mind. I will also add my photo up soon!

-It's so hard keeping a black benz clean...
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: