Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

c320 advice

584 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GogglesPisano764 
#1 ·
Greetings...new member in Minnesota here. I've been reading through the forum in hopes of finding some advice/experience from members regarding 2002 C320.

My son just got his drivers licence, so my plan is to give him my current vehicle (Ford F-150), and buy a new-to-me MB with low mileage and low cost. I have owned several BMWs in the past, but would like to give MB a try this time. I found a couple of 2002 C320s on line that appear to fit my needs. One with 31xxx miles for $13,500 and one with 13xxx miles for $17,000. According to carfax, both are one owner cars, and both are on dealer lots in Illinois. Again, according to carfax, the one with 13xxx miles seems to have been in the shop frequently for electrical maintenance.

What should I look for as possible red flags, and what type of mechanical issues are common with this model?

I'd appreciate any advice or insight on this model

Thanks

#2 ·
The main problem that I would be concerned with in the early 2000's is electrical problems. I have heard of electrical problems with these years again and again. Whatever you do, I would not purchase the one with previous electrical maintenance. These electrical problems can cost a ton. The later model C classes have less problems than the earlier years. If it were me personallly, I would stick with 2004.5 and up.

#3 ·
I wonder if the MB/Chrysler marriage during the late 90s, early 00s has anything to do with it? I am hearing from several fronts to stay away from those years in general, not just the C class. Is it possible that MB was getting some of their parts from Chrysler?

#4 ·
Welcome to Benzworld!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.