LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: MB AMG63 Cab
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New AMG/Member in Minneapolis, MN. Hello!

Hi Everybody! I would like to say Hi and introduce myself. My name is David and live in Minneapolis, Mn. with my wife Tricia and our two little girls.

I recently just purchased my first MB, a 2007 CLK AMG63 Cab. Funny, I wasn't looking at MB's when I decided to buy a convertible. First choice was a BMW M3 but I drove my friends and while it was fun, if you didn't keep the rpm above 4000, it had no grunt. Also looked at a 911 and while it was fun to drive, the backseat was a joke. I have two little ones and if I needed to pick them up, it would be a problem. My next choice was a BMW 650i. I love the looks but when I test drove one, a few issues bothered me. Again, I couldn't believe the lack of room in the back seat. With the driver's seat in a normal position, there was only about 2 inches between the back of the front seat and rear seat. Heck, I'm only 6' so that was disappointing. My head was almost touching the top of the headliner with the top up and rear visibility was also poor. Drivability was good but I wasn't as happy with it as I would have liked. The dealership I was at was a BMW and Mercedes franchise. The salesman asked me if I had been in a CLK? He felt it was a perfect choice for someone who needed a back seat. I test drove a 2006 CLK 550 and was very impressed. Visibility was great and even the back seat had plenty of legroom for the kids. Fit and finish was outstanding and I liked the functionality and layout of all the controls. Performance was impressive as well. I went home that night and started looking around for a CLK 550 Cab.

I wasn't looking for the AMG version but in my search this ad popped up offering a 2007 AMG63 for sale 250 miles away with no price. Just for fun I emailed the seller and ended up calling him. We chatted for a bit and he told me his business was slow because of the economy and needed to free up some cash. He had several toys so this one needed to find a new home. We negotiated to a fair price we could both be happy with and I bought it.

Having never even driven an AMG before, I knew the performance was going to be awesome but my biggest surprise was how bloody comfortable and easy this car is to drive everyday. I have driven plenty of performance cars before but never one that didn't "beat you up". Rough roads? No issues..I describe this car to my friends as Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Refined and comfortable when driven normally. You would never think this was even a performance supercar..Until you give it gas..OOOOOHHH BOY! Neck snapping acceleration, braking etc.

Hands down this is the best driving performance vehicle I have ever been in. There might be cars that go faster (not many) and handle better at it's limit, but none that can give the ride quality. I LOVE it!

I look forward to getting to know the members and hope I can add some interesting posts as well.

Cheers,

David

p.s. I will take some better pics but these were a few I had.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 04:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 230 1986 560SL 2008 Honda CRV
Welcome to Benzworld
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 06:24 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 1996 Mercedes S600 (sold), 1986 Chrysler Laser XT T-top, 1999 Cadillac Deville
Welcome. Hey I'll maybe see you on the road.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: MB AMG63 Cab
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Claw View Post
Welcome. Hey I'll maybe see you on the road.
One never knows.

What part of the Cities do you live in. I'm on the western side in Plymouth.
Is your screen name a homonym of your name, type of medical practice or how you practice it?

Cheers
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 11:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1998 SLK230 199,xxx Miles
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in