Date registered: Apr 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1984 280SL Newbie
I am in Atlanta GA and am new to Mercedes. I have a 1984 280SL Euro Automatic that I am going to be selling, and frankly don't know that much about it.
Would appreciate any help you can provide - e.g.
- What is the difference between the 280SL and SE?
- How do I go about determining the selling price for the car? Prices seem to be all over the board from $6,000 to $24,000!!
- Is this considered a classic, a collectible, or just an older model car?
- Any suggestions on best places to advertise the car for sale?
- If you are interested, please let me know and I'll provide details.
- Car is in very good condition, not perfect like some I've seen, but no rust, no accidents, very good paint, new Michelins, perfect interior. Hard top in addition to canvas convertible top.
Thanks for helping with anything you believe would be helpful.