The more reliable MODELS ??? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 03:28 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You have picked just about the worst list possible. They all tie for the most unreliable cars made in the given time period. You could get a Range Rover and be even more unreliable if that is what you are trying to achieve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 03:41 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2009 C300 Sport 6 Speed; 2008 E350 4MATIC Sport
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you are seeking mostly optimal reliability and safety in a sedan about the size of a E Class, (not passion, joy of driving, status, etc.) all the data I have seen says one thing: Honda Accord. IIHS Top Pick for crash test ratings, Consumer Reports fave, more interior space than you might imagine....so on and so on. There is an 08 in our family and the owner is not a driving enthusiast, but is delighted because it does all the basics very well and nothing ever goes wrong with it.......EVER........so far. And, to be honest, it drives pretty well.....no thrills, but very competent.

Sportstick
2009 C300 Sport 6 Speed SOLD (Just visiting! Went to the other side!)
2008 E350 Sport 4MATIC

Last edited by Sportstick; 04-04-2009 at 03:55 PM.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 07:15 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2003 S500 4MATIC
^^Or in a similar vein check out the 2010 Subaru Legacy which was just unveiled. It's quite a bit larger than the old Legacy but should still be pretty sporty.

"Mercedes: Expensive and Built to Stay That Way"
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 08:12 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 2004 S500 4Matic, 2006 S350
Hmm One Man's is another's

I have a completely different opinion than all of the negative views towards Mercedes Benz. This is a Benz forum not a let's bash Benz forum as much as we can. I have owned Toyota's, Honda's, and Subaru's. If you want a reliable car with no personality or passionate driving experience Japanese cars are fine. However nothing drives like a German car. The feel of the road and ride just can't be copied from any Japanese auto's. I just got rid of a 2005 Lexus RX 350. One year after I had it the front sway bar just snapped at the link. I did not hit anything it just broke. Lexus did replace it but even Lexus has some faults. Pick the best car you can afford and if it is a CPO Mercedes with a warranty all the better. Use Carfax and your Mercedes Service department for information about the car you are interested in with a VIN check. Enough of me ranting. Enjoy whatever you buy, just make sure it's what you want and not what someone tells you to buy.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 08:29 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Hi TeamWenz.....I think we all agree with you about how great MBs are...and no bashing here at all!! But, the original request was to help pick a daily driver for short distances based solely on reliability. Anecdotes aside, data from a variety of large-sample sources have been pretty clear for years ....if this is not about all the great aspects of MBs we both love, and its just pure reliability, the numbers send one to look over a different ocean...Ford seems to be the only non-Japanese player with any data showing they closed the gap, but that's only at the 3 month point (JDPower IQS Study) for some models...BUT, their long-term results are still out...every other European brand is trailing ON PURE RELIABILITY based on data...but, I would accept some more Things Gone Wrong for more personally important Things Gone Right, like passion, style, fun to drive, etc. I think we're all together on that!!

Sportstick
2008 E350 Sport 4MATIC

Last edited by Sportstick; 04-05-2009 at 08:44 PM.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:37 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 2004 S500 4Matic, 2006 S350
Thanks Sportstick for the clarifiaction . One thing is pretty funny with the JD Power ratings. How did Jaguar get ranked so high. What was the joke if you wanted a running Jaguar buy two
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:48 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Interesting story about Jaguar....your comment certainly used to be true! But, recall that Ford bought them! The blue oval guys got their hands on the cat, and brought about some of the same improvements they made domestically. But, keep in mind, the Ford improvements are based on the JDP IQS data, which means they are bolting them together better, as the data is after 3 months of ownership. We need to hang on and see how they do on Power's VDS (Vehicle Dependability Study) data, which is at the 3 YEAR point. IQS really tells us more about assembly and design fit, while VDS lets engineering/durability issues come through, although for Ford to make this much IQS improvement is a good showing for them and may bode well!

Sportstick
2008 E350 Sport 4MATIC
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:53 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2008
Jags suck

I had a 2000 S-Type and it had five (count 'em 5) trasnsmissions put in since I bought the car new. And I only drove it in the summer (have SUV for CT winters). Passenger window fell into door, AC compresser went. They are expensive CRAP!!! PLEASE DON"T EVER BUY A JAG FOR YOUR WIFE (unless you can't stand her!) The Jag dealer in Hartford just went out of business a month ago. Some other idiot bought the franchise( in the middle of the worst recession since the Great Depression )...go figure ....probably got it for a song.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 01:11 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2009
Which models of Mercedes Benz are more reliable? I want to buy a new Benz so kindly reply me.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 01:17 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy07 View Post
Which models of Mercedes Benz are more reliable? I want to buy a new Benz so kindly reply me.
Tell us what you want. Sedan, couple, rag top, wagon, SUV, ect.... and what your budget is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in