Date registered: Feb 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
420SEL, cylinders,plugs, distributor
Can anyone help me with these questions?
1. What is the order of cylinders in my 1986-420SEL? Is #1 the one on the passenger side at the front of the car, does it go until #4 at that side and then start with #5 on the front of the driverâ€™s side?
2. The manual says that it takes Bosch W8DC plugs; now it has Bosch W9DC; are they ok?
3. Which ones are the hotter ones?
4. What are the gaps for either kind? The dealer told me different gaps than I found on the web, 0.035 vs. 0.032 while now they are gapped 0.050.
5. How do I take the distributor cap off? The wires will not come off.
Thanks for any help.