Front Plate Installation without Damaging the Front Bumper - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: CLS55 AMG 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you RevoWution!

I am not sure if I am lucky or not, but I am sure for the following thing:

Based on history report for my CLS, she was auctioned in June 18 2008 and at that time her millage was 59,875 km. When I first saw the car in February 20th 2009, her millage was 59,980 km. After my simple calculations, the car was staying in the dealership for 8 months and she had gone for test drive for only four times. It was my destiny to own this car! How is it possible that for 8 months this beauty (and beast at the same time!) stays at the dealership and nobody buys it? And the car is in perfect condition and the history report is all clean. So owning her was in my destiny!

Sometimes her 469 hp scares me. It is so easy to get involved in an accident with that much power. As they say, 300 hp is amazing, 400 hp is breath taking, but 469 hp (above 450 hp in general) is more than breath taking, it is scary!

I hope it is not in my destiny to get killed by this beast!

I am driving for 25 years (without even a single accident, knock on wood!) and my top speed record is 238 km/h with a BMW 740d 2003 in Germany (which I have it on youtube) and my most powerful car besides this CLS55 is 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Edition with 255 hp which still I own it. (you can see part of it in two of above photos). Generally I am a fast driver, but this CLS55 is something else. I should be very careful when I drive this beast! I even read somewhere that some people sold their AMG because they got scared by AMG's too much power. Mercedes Benz has a very good AMG commercial to explain the power of AMG:

YouTube - Mercedes Benz E55 AMG Commercial "the Beast"

Anyways, thank you RevoWution again for your comments.

I will be back with more news on the car!

Take care all!

Last edited by 5000BC; 03-13-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: CLS55 AMG 2006
(Thread Starter)
I have the plate now for almost one week driving and here is my review:

1-As it can be seen from the above photos, the plate is little bit tilted to the passenger side of the car. I can fix that by cutting a small piece of the grid so one of the screws of the plate can be more flexible to hold the plate completely horizontally.

2-But I am not going to do the above step, because when you look the car from front, if you are close to the car, your eye will be caught by the beauty of the car, especially the glory of the head lights, the grill with the big Mercedes Benz logo, the color of the car, the fog lights, etc., so you will not even look at the front plate! I should confess that the photos of the car do not really show the beauty of the car, you should look at the car in person to admire its elegance!

3-However, if you look at the car from little bit farther (50~100 meters or more), then the inclined plate will show itself more, which right now at this point I don’t care about it! In near future I am going to order personalized plate number. It will take about two months till the new plates get ready to be issued, at that time I may fix the problem and make the plate fully horizontally and also I may put a plate holder to protect the plate from touching the body of the car (frame of the grid) and also to protect the plate from being deformed because of pressure of the wind when I go above 200km/h!

4-Conclusion: just by spending $7 (Canadian) and 10 minutes time, I installed the front plate without damaging the front bumper! HORAAA….!

Last edited by 5000BC; 03-14-2009 at 10:58 PM.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 11:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 1983 300D Turbo Diesel
Send a message via Yahoo to GogglesPisano764
Welcome to Benzworld!! That sure is a beautiful CLS!!! Enjoy her!!

Yes Honey! Thats how they sound! Its a diesel!
MBCA Member
1983 300D "Schultz" (Relocated to Canada)
1983 300D "Klaudia" (My new love)
1985 300D (Whipped then Stripped)
1985 300SD (In way over my head and let go)
2002 Suburban Z71 (Eats gas stations during trips)
2004 Aveo (Only because I enjoy stuffing my fat ass in a tiny car. Oh and it gets good gas mileage)
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: