Date registered: Feb 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello from the Space Coast Florida - New Member with a 280 W114
I purchased a 76 Mercedes 280 - its the 2 Door Coupe W114/M110.
I am hoping to use the car in the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge for 2009.
Grassroots Motorsports Magazine
I am either going to supercharge the stock m110 for short term use or I am going to swap in another motor:
Motor Swap choices are as follows:
- 3.8 Buick Turbo w/Carb - already own this motor - from an older regal pre-efi
- Small Block Ford - readily available for cheap
- Audi 5 cylinder 20 Valve Turbo - readily available for cheap
- Dodge 2.2 or 2.5 Turbo I4 - makes over 300hp and ft lbs at 16 PSI (I have the 2.5 Turbo)
- Ford 3.8 SC from a T-Bird - readily available for cheap
- Buick 3800 SC - readily available for cheap
I favor the non-efi motors - less work.
Of course I will have to include a trans swap and mods to the driveshaft.
Total Budget is 2009.00 - less 300 for car -
It starts drives and runs, but has bad gas so that is the first thing I will address.
I am welcome to commentary and suggestions.