Labour of Love (In Loving Memory). - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Labour of Love (In Loving Memory).

Please advise. Hi new member here, I am Lovingly restoring my departed brother in laws Mercedes 2.6L Zender Mercedes he sadly passed away at the young age of 44 from the big C, Frank Falco was his name we were at school together from the age of 5, although Frank was 1 year older than me and much better looking (John Travolta) double and yes his parents were Italian but he was born in England the Mercedes was his pride and joy 1988 model E reg the car looks showroom condition as he polished it to perfection and had his own car dealership a great guy the car has been looked after by his older brother saba for the last five years he only sold the car because he has bought a loverly cabriolet merc 200, 2007 year in black a great guy too, the problem is the fan belt snapped and the two small pulleys have snapped off and I cant see how to replace the brackets they were attached too, the crank has a electric probe with wire coming out of it and the dizy cap has broken 1 connector the alternator has been taken off due to reving the engine up and down with the lights pulsing the voltage regulator was at fault here if any one can answer how I can remove the two small pulley brackets and replace them I would be very happy, I have restored Daimler Limos & Morris Minors in the past but once owned a Merc myself. Kind Regards David Maddocks.All done new parts on the way off e-bay from Rob Parker of Taunton Somerset great guy merc dismantaler Fantastic engine to work on nuts and bolts slide off after 22 years now thats Quality Controll Cheers, soon be winning best in class at the clasic car shows, Kind Regards, David Maddocks.(May 2009 all done to concourse standard classic car shows here we come) let the sun shine down on us, God Bless each and every one of us.June 17th got it passed through MOT ready for Ins & Tax onwards and upwards country lane cruising with the odd Pub to visit on a nice sunny day just great Cheers Frank from David.
Passed MOT Insured ready for TAX 1st July she runs a treat cant wait to go ror a drive over Cannock Chase then to Rugely Cemetry to show Frank HIS PRIDE AND JOY'S back on the road and in concorse condition when I took it for the mot every one was looking at it on the road and couldn't belive she is 22 years old.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Franks Zender Mercedes.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	227307  

Last edited by Frank Falco Zender Merc; 06-29-2009 at 08:20 AM. Reason: progress report July 2009
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: