Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

German OEM Front Plate Mount

910 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Diesel Benz 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

New to the community, please be kind if I am posting in the wrong place :eek:

I have a 2007 E350 Sport. I am looking for a front license plate mount for a German plate. Hoping someone knows where I can get an OEM mount that fits the curvature of the front bumper the same way my US issued mount does. The aftermarket mounts do not account for the curvature (at least none that I have found) and I am hoping to avoid having to due something custom.

Any help, links, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

#2 ·
I would just take the plate and drill two holes into it. Attach it to the front and bend it slightly to meet the curve of the front end. OR you could replace the front bumper with a euro and the plate would fit 100% correctly.

#4 ·
I was not able to figure out the application, is the car going to be used in Germany? In that case I would go to an MB parts shop and buy the licence plate holder.

Usually drilling holes is not allowed other than the specified positions on EU plates.

We can find the part numbers if you explain your intention, unless the previous replies already answered your question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.