LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Nov 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Traction Control Problem...?

This started up out of no-where a couple days ago..

Every once and a while, when accelerating slowly from a stop, the traction control will activate and I can hear the abs control module doing work. However, it doesn't snow here, and the roads have been dry. It seems as though the traction control is activating when it is not needed. The ! triangle light blinks when it malfunctions. It also does this sometimes when slowing to a stop or when stationary and I turn my wheels all the way to the side.

I went to my MB specialized mechanic and asked him about it.

He switched the relay for the abs with the window relay so that if my windows wont go down, then the relay was the problem. Well, windows worked fine and the problem ceased for the weekend. But now its back!

He said that a wheel sensor could be out, or one of the wheel shafts were broken and it was driving on three wheels(which I would obviously know)-it isn't, or that the rotors could have worn too thin and somehow the car isn't sensing the brakes. The rotors are pretty worn, and I can get them replaced, but I don't want to have to unless this is the problem.(worn in 1-1.5mm)

Anyone ever experienced this? What is happening?

Also, the ABS module has been replaced about a year and a half ago, with one out of another w163, but a year newer (1999) with less miles, and before that was fixed, the ABS, ETS, Parking Brake, Traction Control, and Check Engine light all came on. Come to find out, after buying the module, one of the wires in the wiring harness just happened to stop working, so he routed a new wire to the module.

All help is very much appreciated.

1998 MB ML32k
1955 Ford F100
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: