LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Newbe here, but a long time Merc fan and owner

Recently took delivery on my new 2009 C63 AMG. The dealer told me that they would locate the missing driver's side front AMG carpet mat the day I took delivery. Today they say there is no way for them to order a replacement mat. I replied that I really didn't care if they had to buy a complete set just in case they were trying to slow roll me by telling the partial and not applicable truth that they couldn't order one carpet mat. They choked, and said they would look further. In case these Bozo's still give me the run around does anyone here know if these C63 carpet mats are available from MB? If the dealer continues to string me along is there any help available at 1-800-for-merc? Any constructive input is welcome. I am trying to keep this vehicle OEM so please don't help with any aftermarket links.

For background I have been a long time member of the USA MB Owner's club. Started with a new MY2000 ML320 for the bride. Bought and restored a very abused Canadian 1985 380SL with about 75k miles on the clock. Interesting year with it's 0-85mph speedo. I drove this SL until it had 220K miles on it after 10 years in my care and it's still seen around town with it's current owner (he's the fourth I believe). I then moved all the way up to a new and virginal (but not for long) 2007 SL550 in Iridium Silver. I kept this baby for 18 months and then because guys with skin cancer shouldn't be driving drop top cars, I traded in in on a new 2009 C-class...........OK so it's a C63 AMG. I'm an old fart and I want the cops to pull my driving privileges before my sons try to do the same. Well the 451 hp and 0-60 in 4.3sec really fills the bill. If you ever get the opportunity to ride or better yet drive one of these stealth pocket rockets, do it, by all means do it. It's the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on. None of the road test reports even begin to describe the experience or the wonderful Wagner-like anthem roaring out of the quad AMG exhaust outlets.

Cheers - Boyd

Last edited by C63AMG09; 02-03-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:19 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 2009 C63
Congrats on the new ride!!! It is pretty sick. I have had my c63 since last august and still get a thrill every time I start the car and hear that exaust!! I cant believe your dealer is giving you a hard time about an f***ing mat. I am sure that the dealer can get the amg mats but for some reason they are giving you the shaft!!! I would be at that dealer every day bitching, you paid 65 grand + for a car and cant get a mat!!!! I am curious at where this dealer is? GOOD LUCK on tha mat hunt!! PEACE
PS this winter is really sucking the fun out of driving my baby!!!!!!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2009
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply namurphy. I share your enthusiasm for the C63. After 18 months of fun in my SL550 one test drive in the C63 and the trade was done. Good news on my mat. The General Manager for the MB dealership called on Friday and asked if he could swing by my residence. It seems he got wind of the crap I had been getting from their parts department and took charge of resolving the problem and delivered one complete C63 AMG carpet mat set. He even installed the missing mat and handed me the remaining bits for my disposal/storage. I figure he took note of the fact that I had spent well over $160,000.00 on two cars from his showroom in the past 19 months. Happy endings and I too love this angry little deceiver.

Cheers - Boyd
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: