LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
V220 Suspension Problem Again

Hi, this is my first post on here and hope you can help with my problem that does not seem to have appeared on previous threads about the problems with the V-series air suspension. My 2000 reg V220 has the red warning light glowing on the dash-board, the rear suspension is in the lowered position but no fuses have blown. When buying the vehicle in September 2008 I checked the previous owners experiences/history of replaced parts and finding that the pump and Control unit had been replaced in December 2007 I thought I was on a safe bet. I've had no trouble until I had a puncture in the NSR tyre, following the instructions de-activated the ENR, took off the faulty wheel/tyre and put on the spare. Suspension re-activated OK and took the faulty tyre into my local tyre fitter, Formula 1, who had to order a new tyre. Two days later they rang to say they had the wheel ready so took the car into them. Deactivated ENR, they swopped the wheels and ENR was re-activated OK. I decided to have the tracking checked and they found that the 2 front tyres were badly worn on their inner edges and suggested they should be replaced and suggested I did not use the car for any long journeys - drove home and parked up. Again they had to be order the tyres and 3 days later they rang - went to the car and found rear suspension lowered and the red warning light on. Drove for more than the suggested 10km but light/suspension did not change. Had the tyres changed and gingerly drove home. Contacted my local Merc service garage and advised the problem. Was told to check the fuses and if they were OK I was in the brown stuff!!! Well checked the fuses and they appeared OK, bought new 7.5 and 30amp fuses just in case but these did not tempt the light to go out or make the pump work. The next advice was to put a direct feed to the pump and see if it work, well surprise surprise when the ignition was switched off the pump would run with this feed but would not pump up the suspension. As soon as the ignition was turned on the pump would not run, switch off the ignition and the pump ran!!! Further electrical checks have been done on the valves and the supplies to the fuses and they all appear to be working OK. No fuses have blown whilst carrying out these checks. Can anyone suggest what has happened and how it can be fixed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in