post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 2004 SL500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Extended Warranty Recommendations

I just purchased a 2004 SL500 with 33K miles and am in love with my new car - my wife refers to it as my other woman. Based on the posts I've seen, a lot of you recommend getting an extended warranty. Does anyone have any recommendations/feedback for a company/brand to use?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Try Fidelity Warranty Services. In 7 months mine has paid me back 50% of what it cost me to buy it.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Vehicle: 2004 SL500
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fidelity Warranty Services

I did a Google search on Fidelity Warranty Services and most of the links were to sites that listed bad experiences. Which package did you buy and what have they covered for you?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 06:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: 1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
And there are those of us on the other side of the coin that have never and will never buy an extended warranty. I've never had a car where the extended warranty would have paid for itself. An extended warranty is an insurance policy and my stance is that the insurance company will always win in the grand scheme of things. Yes, there will be those where it pays for itself same as there are also those that win the lottery. BTW, I don't buy lottery tickets either. I say put the money that the warranty would cost you in the bank and use it for repairs if needed. It certainly helps if you know how to do a little of your own work and if you keep your car in top shape.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 06:21 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I can tell you to be careful. We used to call them the HMO of auto repair. Do a lot of research, if you have a major problem it's well worth the investment. Through MBNA you can get a used car extended warranty and it's basically like the original warranty, the best by far. I just know that when a car had a MB warranty it was fix the darned thing but aftermarket plans were always an inspection then an adjuster taking photos then after more time you get the list of what is and what isn't covered. Then you have to contact the owner and explain why he or she has to pay so much towards the repair.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: