LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
04 W211 AWD vs 01 Porsche TT vs G35 im noob on the forum

OK, so im new to the forum. Hope this is a good experience. So a couple of days ago a my buddies called me up to goto a G35 meet about 40 miles away.. yea you know where this is going... So he just got his G 6spd, and he wanted to see whos got what going on in the area with their G35. My other buddie gots a 6spd 01 Porsche Turbo.. Twin turbo. Im running my 04 E500 4matic. I have upgraded tires so im running 245 in the front and 285 in the back wit some sticky ass tires.. So its Great weather on a sat night rolling up to MD. We all take it calm till the porsche unleashes his beast and starts to tear apart the road. The we're all are flying through traffic bobbin and weavin going up to speeds of 130 140.. and we get on a terrain in which i can finally put my AWD to the test. So me and the porsche go at it and manage to take him now i have been getting to know my car for the last year and its limitation but the first time i put it to the test and knowing everyting i need to. Mind that the guy driving the porsche is a great driver. I knew it was good but i didnt know i could take the porsche. Mind you yea the G35 he kept falling behind..
Good Times.

Ok so im looking to do and ECU upgrade and i was lookin for some advice. Is there any particular company i should go with?

Now if i wanted to do an exhuast, would i have to do the ECU upgrade again if the i got the exhaust after the ecu upgrade?

Also anyone selling an exhaust for a 2004 E500? I would like A good exhaust and im willing to pay a decent price. Also im on the hunt for a E55 rear bumper with the diffuser.

Has anyone tried Royal Puple for the car? I have recently did an oil change and i tried this out. Not too bad so far. I may feel a bit of power but that could be just due to the oil change in general.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 07:25 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Convertible, Lexus IS 300, Mercedes GLK350
Send a message via Yahoo to DropTopTwin
What type of terrain are you talking about? If it's a road where your AWD can take advantage, I'm almost certain the Twin Turbo's AWD could do the same but probably better. I also question your claim of the Twin Turbo driver as a great driver. No offense but from what I understand, the E500 has little over 300 hp and I'm not sure on the weight of the car, but I'm willng to bet that E500 is several hundred pounds heavier then the Twin Turbo Porsche. The power to weight ratio is really not in your favor. Compound that with lower certer of gravity for the Porsche, I just don't see how you managed to beat the Twin Turbo Porsche with 400+hps with lighter weight.

I don't mean to offend you with my questions but I'm a little confused with your story. I would like to also point out that I am not a Benz owner nor have I driven your model, so I'm just speculating at best here, so feel free to correct me if I am off base with my questions.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 06:45 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: '00 E430 Sport, '01 SLK320
Are you nuts!!!

Bobbin and weavin through traffic at speed is "reckless driving". Look up the penalty in your state.

Driving twice the speed limit is also "reckless driving". Lookup the penalty in your state.

Call your insurance company and find out what their penalty will be if you convicted of "reckless driving". That is if you have a drivers license or car anymore.

Everyone carries a damn cell phone and some have cameras.

If law enforcement starts receiving calls of a crime in progress they will send all units. If someone gets your license plate number they will meet you at your house.

You need to grow up and take this activity to a race track. Believe me it is much more fun and there are fewer penalties.

W210 - Black and Black '00 E430 Sport
R170 - Cream and Salsa '01 SLK320
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in