LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Oct 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
w204 wing mirror noise

I have been experiencing a problem with wind noise from my cars wing mirrors and after much research it appears not to be an isolated problem and I get the response below from MB........Not happy!

From: CustomerService.UK@cac.mercedes-benz.com [mailto:CustomerService.UK@cac.mercedes-benz.com]
Sent: 08 January 2009 11:11
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center 1-994160481

8th January 2009

Ref: MB-1-994160481

Dear Mr Holley

Mercedes-Benz Model: C-Class C 200 CDI
Chassis No: xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your most recent e-mail concerning the wind noise that you are experiencing when driving over sixtyfive miles-an-hour.

We have been informed by our Technical Support Department that changes and modifications are an ongoing process throughout the production life of any model, and there was a model change from August 2008 production of the C-Class range when new smaller wing mirrors were introduced.

As far as we are aware there are no plans to recall earlier produced vehicles to fit these smaller mirrors, and any retrofit request by a customer would be at their own expense.

Thank you for contacting the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center with your enquiry.

Yours sincerely

Michael Bacon
Customer Service
Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center Maastricht N.V.
Gaetano Martinolaan 10
NL-6229 GS Maastricht, The Netherlands

Phone Nr: 00800 1 777 7777
mailto: CustomerService.UK@cac.mercedes-benz.com

If you are not the addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete it. We thank you for your support.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
The fact that "it isn't an isolated problem" makes your case worse in my opinion. If it only appeared on your car, there would need to be a faulty part or something like that which should be replaced with a new one.

Now if I start complaining that the C does not drive like the S, you don't expect me to get some warranty fixes to the C?

I understand the wind noise could be higher than should be expected from a C-class but you should have had an opportunity to test drive the car and if all behave the same, you should not be surprised. Since some too high noise level would not affect safety or anything like that, I don't see any reason why the manufacturer should start replacing parts.

You might ask them to make a good offer for the 2009 mirrors and change them yourself.

I do understand this may be frustrating to you but I don't see any better way forward, I hope you can get over this one way or the other.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Oct 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Yes i can understand your point in respect of a test drive! I had previously driven a C Class (with smaller mirrors) and was really taken by it so when i had a test drive in my new car it was a quick 10 minute drive and a handshake! Unfortunately i had not taken this revised model on the motorway bur really did not expect this noise from MB. My old vectra was quieter!
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: