ML320 FUEL PUMP HELP - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ML320 FUEL FILTER HELP

you might have seen my post on other forums but i still get no answer, I just got a 01 ML320, i want to change the fuel filter, the numbers on the filter NOW is 1634770501 , so im thinking it must have been upgraded from the discontinued 1634770201, now my question is all what im finding at part stores and online is fuel filter 1634770701 did they discontinue the 0501 one again or did they just replace the part #'s ?? and 0701 will fit?

any help would be great..

Last edited by ml320red; 01-11-2009 at 11:12 AM.
ml320red is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
The A163 477 05 01 filter has been changed to A163 477 07 01. You should not need parts A163 470 28 64 / A163 470 29 64 now if you previously had A163 477 07 01 filter.
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
The A163 477 05 01 filter has been changed to A163 477 07 01. You should not need parts A163 470 28 64 / A163 470 29 64 now if you previously had A163 477 07 01 filter.
so what your saying is that A 163 477 05 01 is the same filter as A 163 477 02 01??

im not sure what your saying here, every forum says the filter A1634770201 was discontinued ,but what i have on my ML320 is A1634770501 there two diff. numbers from the A1634770701 what i really need to know is that did A1634770501 replace the 0201 and i dont need any other parts to replace..
ml320red is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 05:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Michael Pillay's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163...305-306-a.html

Check out the above post. It has the VIN range that needs the fuel filter retrofit. If your ML falls in that range, you can get the filter and 2 new fuel lines at autohausaz. It is unlikely you will need the tool to release the tabs on the fuel lines.

Mike
Michael Pillay is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 08:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml320red View Post
so what your saying is that A 163 477 05 01 is the same filter as A 163 477 02 01??

im not sure what your saying here, every forum says the filter A1634770201 was discontinued ,but what i have on my ML320 is A1634770501 there two diff. numbers from the A1634770701 what i really need to know is that did A1634770501 replace the 0201 and i dont need any other parts to replace..
Well if the part numbers are different, the parts are at least somewhat different. What I'm saying is that if you previously had the A163 477 07 01 filter filter, you can't get that any more because it has been replaced with A163 477 07 01 which is the one you should buy now.

The two parts I mentioned in addition, you would need them only if you had had an older filter. Those should already exist in your car, installed along with the filter you now had.
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pillay View Post
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163...305-306-a.html

Check out the above post. It has the VIN range that needs the fuel filter retrofit. If your ML falls in that range, you can get the filter and 2 new fuel lines at autohausaz. It is unlikely you will need the tool to release the tabs on the fuel lines.


are you kidden me!!, dude VIN #'s are not going to help, they dont change vin#s after the car has been sold and filter has been changed.

what im asking here is do i need other lines to use the A1634770701 i HAVE A1634770501 on my ML320 right now, NO I DO NOT HAVE THE DISCONTINUED A1634770201.

seems to be not much mercedes experts in here!!
ml320red is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 09:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Kajtek1's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Location: CA Bay Area
Posts: 31,785
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
The DieselBenz explanation are quite clear to me, so don't know where the confusion is coming from?
I just had identical situation on my E320cdi. The new filter had different number than the old one, but it was exact fit on the car. I assume the difference was in filtering material inside.
Kajtek1 is online now  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
The DieselBenz explanation are quite clear to me, so don't know where the confusion is coming from?
I just had identical situation on my E320cdi. The new filter had different number than the old one, but it was exact fit on the car. I assume the difference was in filtering material inside.
take a look on what DieselBenz last post again, his #'s are wrong in his explanation..read it.
ml320red is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 10:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Kajtek1's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Location: CA Bay Area
Posts: 31,785
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
He was just giving you a sample, not your individual solution.
If you can't compare those 2 filters, maybe going to mechanic would be better solution?
Kajtek1 is online now  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
He was just giving you a sample, not your individual solution.
If you can't compare those 2 filters, maybe going to mechanic would be better solution?
hmmm! maybe if ya dont know dont answer ,saves a whole lot of time..
ml320red is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Installation instructions for ML320 Fuel Pump sesproul W163 M-Class 45 09-07-2015 04:12 AM
    02 ML320 fuel pump problem? stojakovic W163 M-Class 5 02-26-2009 06:45 AM
    Fuel Pump for MY2001 ML320. benjaminl W163 M-Class 0 03-21-2007 09:34 PM
    '98 ML320 Fuel Pump Replacement Cost elk127 W163 M-Class 7 02-12-2007 06:33 PM
    How to replace the Fuel Pump in a ML320 sesproul General Mercedes-Benz 4 10-31-2005 12:22 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome