Problem with my newly ordered 07 S600 key - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
In2MB's's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2007 MB S600, 2003 MB S430 Graphite Designo, 2001 MB E430, 1999 MB E430
Location: Flowood, MS
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Problem with my newly ordered 07 S600 key

I recently picked up an extra key to my 2007 S600 from my local Mercedes Center. They told me that the key would be fine and is already programmed.

I got home this evening, and the key locks and unlocks the car perfectly. But when I tried to start the engine it said to remove the start engine button and place key or something to that nature.

My question is...........Has anyone else had this problem with a newly ordered key? The dealer saying it will work fine and it doesn't.

Thanks in advance
In2MB's is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maybe best bet is to go back to the dealer and let them do it, you have paid for the key and it should work fully. It will also save you messing something else up.
pavtoor is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
In2MB's's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2007 MB S600, 2003 MB S430 Graphite Designo, 2001 MB E430, 1999 MB E430
Location: Flowood, MS
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
^^ That is just what I planned to do. Like you said, I paid for it.
In2MB's is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 03:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2MB's View Post
I recently picked up an extra key to my 2007 S600 from my local Mercedes Center. They told me that the key would be fine and is already programmed.

I got home this evening, and the key locks and unlocks the car perfectly. But when I tried to start the engine it said to remove the start engine button and place key or something to that nature.

My question is...........Has anyone else had this problem with a newly ordered key? The dealer saying it will work fine and it doesn't.

Thanks in advance
Do you mean you did not put the key into the ignition slot even if the car asked that? Are you assuming it would keep doing that which would be an issue?

I understand the key is fine as the dealer says except that it needs to be synced first, once.
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
In2MB's's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2007 MB S600, 2003 MB S430 Graphite Designo, 2001 MB E430, 1999 MB E430
Location: Flowood, MS
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tried that after I left the dealer the 1st time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
Do you mean you did not put the key into the ignition slot even if the car asked that? Are you assuming it would keep doing that which would be an issue?

I understand the key is fine as the dealer says except that it needs to be synced first, once.
I had already did what they and the car told me to do, nothing happened. When I went to the dealer yesterday, they tried to do same thing I did. There is a small bump on the back which I showed to them when picking up the key, therefore they think that the key was probably damaged because the box that they showed me yesturday was crushed pretty bad. They told me that is the way the box came to them and that I wasn't supposed to be called due to them expecting damage had been done to the key. They appolgized and another key is being ordered. So hopefully the next key will be fine. After I thought I had done something wrong, there's a problem with the key.

Last edited by In2MB's; 01-08-2009 at 02:35 PM.
In2MB's is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 10:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2MB's View Post
I had already did what they and the car told me to do, nothing happened. When I went to the dealer yesterday, they tried to do same thing I did. There is a small bump on the back which I showed to them when picking up the key, therefore they think that the key was probably damaged because the box that they showed me yesturday was crushed pretty bad. They told me that is the way the box came to them and that I wasn't supposed to be called due to them expecting damage had been done to the key. They appolgized and another key is being ordered. So hopefully the next key will be fine. After I thought I had done something wrong, there's a problem with the key.
I see, it was not obvious from your post if you had inserted the key or not.

Bad luck with the part, hopefully a good key next time.
Diesel Benz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Just Ordered New Key '91 300CE W202 C-Class 21 06-15-2009 03:05 AM
    JUST ordered my new S600-style grille :-) S320_on_18s W140 S-Class 7 02-22-2007 04:51 PM
    New key for 1994 S600 Barx W140 S-Class 4 12-06-2006 12:16 AM
    1994 S600 lost key problem Barx W140 S-Class 2 10-04-2005 02:08 AM
    Tire problem on newly purchased Starmark ML jwalther W163 M-Class 7 08-12-2004 05:44 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome