post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 300 TDT and 380 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Smile Going on a Year Long Road Trip

My wife, daughter and I are going on a year long road trip around the U.S. to interview 50 couples who have been married for 50 years in 50 states, then we will write a book about what we learn regarding love, marriage, and long term relationships. We love MB's - we bought a 1982 380 sl as our wedding present to each other three and a half years ago - but we can't fit in that for a year with our 19 month old girl! We also are interested in alternative energies like vegetable oil. So of course we HAD to do our trip in a 1985 300TD wagon! Therefore we are now the proud owners of our second MB (freshly outfitted with about $5000 worth of work done by our wonderful mechanic Paul!), and just started our trip. We had been living in NYC since the mid nineties and just left before Christmas after months of cleaning up over a decade's worth of life in the city. We quit our jobs, had goodbye parties, and sold or packed up belongings. We also planned our trip. We have found couples to interview in most states, and we have a website (www.50statesoflove.com), a manager, a lawyer, a mechanic, and lots of supportive friends! We're beginning our trip in Cape May NJ on Jan. 1, 2009 and will head south to warm weather over the next month or so. Once in Florida, we will follow temperate weather around the country until we end up in California in December 2009. Since we ended up buying a California model 300 TD, we have named it "Homer" (as in homing pigeon, not Homer Simpson), since it will be returning "home." We're looking forward to this trip, and I look forward to learning what I can from the folks on this forum as well as the people we meet around the U.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in