post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 2002 E55 AMG, 2002 ML320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Smile Newbie from Dubai!

A new MB owner - never owned one before and wondering now why not. Had Porsche's, Audi's and Beemers but never ventured into the MB territory.

Until now.

Just bought a 2002 E55 AMG (Jap spec) with 65,000 kms on it and a 2002 ML320 (for the wife ). Both have a bit of history on them but guess the credit crunch bites different people in different ways....

Anyway really looking forward to working with you guys on the forum and making my E55 AMG much more appealing. The engine is great but a few things are on my mind....

1. Must update the stereo (my Japanese is limited) to provide an iPod, Navi, Bluetooth etc etc - the Alpine ones have been suggested but about to dig deep into the forum to see what others recommend - all suggestions welcomed.
2. The car has a few (more than a few but less than alot) stone chips on the bonnet and want to touch these in to both stop rust and make it look better until the cash starts running again and I can get the whole thing done properly.
3. The dash LED's (clock, temp) are stuffed - this seems to be a fairly common problem and one I am not losing alot of sleep on yet.
4. The 'faulty light' error message is showing but for the life of me cant find it - again common problem and will keep searching

If anyone out there knows of the BEST people in Dubai to work with on these type of things (especially the stereo) then please post or PB me.

Overall the car is awesome and will enjoy it lots - low kilometres and one owner from new so these things are expected for a 2nd hand car....but more so when I get them fixed up!!!

The wife's ML320 is good - got a low-gear problem which the MB guys will diagnose tomorrow - not so good it was 2 weeks after I bought it but lets see what they come up with - for the time being the car is all we need for the family until the ML63 AMG arrives (still to order it, pay a deposit and save up for the deposit but dreaming.....).

Anyway long post - Welcome everyone and look forward to contributing to this forum.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: