LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Dec 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2006 E350

I have a questions for the experts on this board , I've seen some two and three year old E class vehicles for sale at what seem to be very attractive prices . One in particular has caught my eye , It's a white 2006 E 350 rear wheel drive with 14000 miles on it . Doesn't have much in the way of options ( has sunroof , rear sunshade ) It's in absolutely beautiful shape , looks new new inside and out. It's rear wheel drive , not too practical for the area where I reside ( 15 north of downtown Detroit ) That doesn't matter to me though , I have another front wheel drive car I can use when the weather is bad. I drove the car and LOVED it,all sense of practical went out the window when I got behind the wheel. Not being sold at an M.B dealer so no factory extended warranty is available. Four year warranty is over in about 18 months . They're asking 27000.00 for the car. My questions are ; do you think that's a good price considering the market these days. Also , am I asking for trouble with that vehicle considering i'm not going to have a warranty after the new car warranty expires ? Any thoughs greatly appreciated , thanks in advance for the consideration.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 07:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1058 Post(s)
Those are excellent cars and if you go to W211 section you won't find too many problems.
2006 model can be a 3.5 years old, so check the manufacturing date and date first sold.
They are excellent deals out there.
I purchased extended warranty once in my life and it was money down the drain. Never again, but I am DIY.
Good luck on your purchase.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:07 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2005 SL500, 2007 E550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think it's a very reasonable price. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't make an offer for less. All they can do is say no. As far as warranty goes, it all depends on the coverage you want and how much you have to pay and whether or not you can get a refund if you don't use it by the time you sell the car, and whether or not it's transferable. If you decide to get rid of the car after the factory warranty runs out, it's very attractive to potential buyers to have a transferablel warranty. Of course you would price the car above the standard retail when you sell it to cover the cost of the warranty. And it you have to use the warranty after the factory warranty runs out, it has the potential to save you thousands of dollars. The 2006 E class had good reliability, but like all cars, something could go wrong. I guess it's just a game of chance. I like to have backup insurance. If you get an extended warranty, make sure it covers electrical/electronics as well as the basics like engine and drivetrain.

San Francisco Bay Area

2007 E550, P1, Sport
1996 SL320, ASR, Heated Seats, Xenons, CD Changer,

My Cars: http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/sho...&ppuser=133412
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: