BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 2010 E350 and 2008 GL320CDI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post Strange Looks from the Neighbors

Hi everyone--new to the forum.

About 4 months ago I purchased my first Mercedes Benz, a new 2008 C350 in Iridium Silver. It's a beautiful sporty machine.

I replaced a 1999 BMW 528i that I had also purchased new almost 10 years ago and had kept for 150,000+ miles. I never imagined defecting from BMW to MB until testing driving some of their new vehicles this summer and becoming annoyed that runflat tires with no spare had become their standard package.

After a couple of months, and with the great deals being offered on all of the 2008 closeout models, I couldn't resist upgrading my wife from her 2006 Toyota Sequoia to a new 2008 GL320CDI. Of course she was a little jealous parking next to my new car in the garage. She had her eyes on those GL's quite a long time while I was in the showroom completing my C350 purchase just a few months ago.

I found a great deal on a Verde Brook GL320 ($10,000 off MSRP) on a Columbia, South Carolina MB Dealer's eBay page, so I pulled the trigger. They couldn't ship the vehicle directly to me (1,000 mile rule) so I flew over to Columbia and drove it back to Texas over a long weekend. That was a great way to learn about the vehicle and "bond" with it. Now she gets to drive it 3/4 of the time, but I get it on weekends. I have to say I'm a little jealous of her ride now. The GL is the first SUV I've ever driven that rides as smooth as a limousine. Plus the fuel mileage we get with the diesel option is a nice bonus.

Regarding the subject caption--my neighbors made a few comments when I came home with the new C350 this summer. Now that we have two new 2008 Mercedes parked in our garage, we just get strange looks now.

I enjoy the forum and look forward to being part of this community.

Last edited by dawgenstein; 12-04-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 08:49 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2008 e 350 4matic wagon
Congrats on your C350 especially.A friend of mine is about to get a c350 soon and they are really popular here in Ontario.As for the strange looks from your neighbors...thats the "geez, like 1 mercedes wasn't enough!" look.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1993 190E 2.6, 1990 300SEL, 1992 300SE, 1992 400E, 1987 190E 2.6 murdered by my brother.
Just a lot of people expressing their jealousy. Ignore them as best as you can. We used to have 7 Mercedes in our driveway. People would hate us just cause we own them. We arent even snobby. We didnt experience this until moving out to the San Francisco Peninsula from the suburbs. As long as they dont key your new car its all good. Congrats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in