BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2001 ML270CDI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to paldah
(Thread Starter)
Smile Hi from Norway!

I like to do the maintenance of my vehicles myself, as much as possible anyhow. This has always been my philosofy, and during the last 35 years I have gained some experience of what to do myself and what to hand over to the proffs. I belive there is a myth that you can't do anything with a modern car yourself, this forum disproves this myth. The idea is not only to save some money, it makes you feel good and it is fun!

Our ML270CDI is our first Merc, and we love it! But it has its problems, and that is why I have joined this forum. I hope to gets some tips and give back some of my experience. So far (2 years-50k km)) we have had problems with the remote controlls, low engine temprature, hoses to the servo, oil leaks from gearbox and some electrical switches. It is all sorted out.

My initial questions to the this forum is regarding change of oil in the drive gear. Some say every 50k miles, other say don't change. I know there is non-MB oil in the aut gearbox, so I'm planning to change it to MB oil. But should I also change the filter? I think so, but haven't decided. I'm looking through the threads in the W163 forum to find out about the rest. It has 130k km on the trip, and I don't know the full history so I think there will be a full oil change quit soon.

Pål (sounds like Paul)
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: