LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cool Insurance Company Claim Exprtirnce???

Hello Forium;

Well it finally happened, while stopped at a light in Arizona, my baby was hit by another car. The owner has the same insurance company as mine GEICO. Totally his fault but now the GEICO adjuster is lowballing my claim to save a few dollars. BONDO and USED PARTS !

So my question is....

Do you have GOOD EXPERIENCE with an insurance company???

Please detail your good MB repair experience
I am looking to make a change.

The finest example of automobile engineering in the world
Floats like a CADI
Stings like a BMR
Stingy as a Prius
and.... all Mercedes Benz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 11:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1123 Post(s)
Never had much trust into company who has to spend millions on advertisement to stay in business.
Take the car to couple of body shops of your choice and present them with estimates.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Mercury Casualty paid my claim (other guys insurance company when he rear-ended my ML), no problems, allowed me to use the high quality body shop of my choice.

S.

2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2007 Lexus IS350 Sport package smoky granite mica/gray (+F-Sport, etc.)
2010 Honda Civic GX (CNG) white/tan
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

(Thread Starter)
Cool Thanks

I think that the problem is I am dealing with a 'run of the mil' insurance company.

Only we MB people understand that we own these cars because they are of very high quality. A level that unless you have owned one, you can not possibly understand.

This company is for Ford's and Toyotas not MB's.

Mercury, any other ideas???

Is there a Mercedes Benz Insurance company or something like it??

B

Floats like a CADI
Stings like a BMR
Stingy as a Prius
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 01:29 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 1997 E420
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi,
I was in an accident last December, and State Farm declared my old Audi 2.7T a total loss -- the car had 84,000 miles on it, but the impact of the other car's high SUV bumper hit above my bumper, and knocked the radiator into the engine, knocked one camshaft off its bearings, which dropped a valve into the cylinder and the head ate what was left.

State Farm was great, when it came to getting things rolling. I had to do some legwork, since it looked like a relatively minor collision to a non-mechanical type. Had to coordinate a few meetings with the yard, the inspector, and the inspector's mechanic.

So, have your company send a Certified mechanical inspector, examine your car. Not the average joe inspector who's only interested in going home, and whose idea of a complete repair involves painting with a gallon of paint that SORTA matches.

You deserve to be served by the company, who are responsible for returning your car to As-Was condition. If it is your company, and not the other guy's, be sure to check the fine print of your contract. If it allows them to require aftermarket, and possibly reconditioned parts, then you may be stuck.

But if it's not in there, then stick to your guns and get your car back to the shape it was in before the accident.

Good luck!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 02:34 PM
MTI
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Before you get too far ahead of anything . . . have you read your GEICO policy with regard to repairs? Also, have you checked your local laws regarding insurance claim practices? This is a good exercise for any car owner and it only takes a few minutes.

First, the policy. Inspect the policy language and see if the policy gives the insurance company the right to use "OEM-Like" or substitute non OEM parts during repair. Most do, but some policies do not. That could make you liable for the difference in repair costs if you insist on those silver and blue parts boxes with the tristar on it.

Then check the policy as to what warranty there is on the parts used and the repair itself.

Check the policy to see if there's any allowance or coverage for "dimmunition in value" because of a collision repair. Again, highly unlikely, but check anyway.

Second, state laws. Many states have adopted "unfair claim practices" statutes which strictly define what an insurance adjuster must do within certain amounts of time. Such laws also spell out what an insured needs to do to play the game as well. It's important to know what your rights are when such laws are on the books.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

(Thread Starter)
Cool Again, Thank you all

I think it would be good for all to know this information.

Does anyone have experience with a mechanical inspection and repair at Beverly Hills MB???

THX
B

Floats like a CADI
Stings like a BMR
Stingy as a Prius
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1997 E-420 (150K miles), 1997 SL500, (90K miles) 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD CC/SB/4x4 Duramax
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I've also had excellent results with State Farm. Only had a few claims, all from accidents that were not our fault. Always was able to use the shop of my choice that replaced panels with factory parts, mimimal bondo etc.

Latest experience was a hit and run with my wifes honda. She got the license #, state farm hounded police to put out an apb, and get the driver arrrested.
they helped us through the process with the police to keep them after the other party quickly. in the end the honda was declared a total loss, even though damage was cosmetic. IMHO I got way more than I could have sold it for, $5800 for a 95 accord with 160K miles, agent knew it was in excellent condition. Then I bought the car back for $850 an immediately sold it for $1200. So I ended up with $6250 in my pocket. Bought my brothers 97 E-420 with 90K miles for $6500. (he's moving to Dubai, and only shipping one car). So it cost me $300 for a 2 year newer and much better car.

the biggest thing with insurance is to shop around not only for the company but the agent. A good agent will go to bat for you to keep you happy. That's why I never have gone for "mail order" insurance. I want a local agent I can sit down and chat with If I need to.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 08:40 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2004 MB CLK 500
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO DIMINISHED VALUE IN ALL 50 STATES AS LONG AS THE ACCIDENT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT.

some states are easier to get it in than others. I had my own diminished value apprasial busin. in college. I still do reports from time to time. Your talking thousands of dollars you could be owed.

How much damage did you have, and what kind of damage, i.e. structual/ frame?
Look for terms like set up and measure, or square on your estimate.

BTW, STATE FARM IS BY FAR THE BEST CO. OUT THERE. I HAVE WORKED W/ THEM ALL AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Last edited by Bad_Debt; 11-21-2008 at 09:05 AM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 05:20 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Debt View Post
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO DIMINISHED VALUE IN ALL 50 STATES AS LONG AS THE ACCIDENT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT.

some states are easier to get it in than others. I had my own diminished value apprasial busin. in college. I still do reports from time to time. Your talking thousands of dollars you could be owed.

How much damage did you have, and what kind of damage, i.e. structual/ frame?
Look for terms like set up and measure, or square on your estimate.

BTW, STATE FARM IS BY FAR THE BEST CO. OUT THERE. I HAVE WORKED W/ THEM ALL AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE!

excellent that u post this for me....lemme ask u this...we are dealing with state farm on a not at fault collision where my wife's 07 w203 was rear ended by a tundra and shoved under a focus...total was 16k in damages....they fixed it and now are offering 3k in diminished value...i think it should be more...what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in