buying a 2005 C 230 - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 09:01 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2006 C230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bottom line: any car mr. x says is a good car is good and any car he says is bad is bad. you aren't allowed to argue or think any different than him. he is always right and his opinions should be shared by all of us.

current mods:

kenwood dnx 5120
alpine pkg rse2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 09:06 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2003 c230 kompressor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black04C230 View Post
In every thread you post in you call every car a piece of crap... Let me guess the only Benz worth having would be a 1990 300SE??? Wow, what a panty dropper!
your the fuckin man
post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 02:31 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
Wow, the fan boys are out in force today. Blinded by the Chrysler logo I see!
post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 02:48 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2006 C230
^ no its just that you sound really dumb when you imply that your opinion is fact and and everyone else here should have the same exact views as you. excuse us for not liking a glorified toyota or a bmw 3 series, we all don't have to like the cars you do. if you want people to share in your love for a lexus maybe visit their forum.

my aunt has a lexus and my mom has a toyota avalon and they feel and look like the same car to me. and saying a bmw 3 series is WAY better than a C class is just silly but again its your opinion and you are entitled to it, just dont expect everyone to believe the exact same things as you do, especially on a MB forum.

current mods:

kenwood dnx 5120
alpine pkg rse2
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 03:36 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleewell View Post
^ no its just that you sound really dumb when you imply that your opinion is fact and and everyone else here should have the same exact views as you. excuse us for not liking a glorified toyota or a bmw 3 series, we all don't have to like the cars you do. if you want people to share in your love for a lexus maybe visit their forum.

my aunt has a lexus and my mom has a toyota avalon and they feel and look like the same car to me. and saying a bmw 3 series is WAY better than a C class is just silly but again its your opinion and you are entitled to it, just dont expect everyone to believe the exact same things as you do, especially on a MB forum.
Show me a publication that rates the 05 C230 at the top of any ratings and comparison list. Doesn't exist. And, it doesn't exist for a reason.

Have you ever even sat in an 05 3 series, let alone driven one or really looked at the build quality compared to the C class? I'm guessing not. And it isn't just the 3 series that is better then the C230....

There is nothing to believe or there is no opinion. Reliability, build quality, resale value and fit and finish are all measurable qualities of a car. All 4 items the 3 tops the C on.

I never even suggested a Lexus, so I'm not sure why you are jumping on that one?
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 04:42 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 C230 K
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
I can't think of any.
Neither can I. I did a good amount of research and all has come back pretty good on the C230K or at least the one I ended up purchasing. I got a 2005 C230K Sport and so far very good compared to other cars I have owned Acura/Hondas. I do favor the interior of the 2005 interior trim as opposed to the 2007 C230 I drove for a few weeks while my car was in service. Gas wise the 6 is a bit more thirsty and gas mileage was not near what I got or get in the 05 Kompressor Sport. For a 4 banger/Supercharged it has good pick up and go which is perfect for dailey commute. If you did own a C230 and you had problmes you can't base your issues on what could or happen to another persons car. Every car has faults. Here's an interesting bit of reading: http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start...jRaZpOQ-iSdkwg

Last edited by MelloC230; 11-18-2008 at 04:59 PM.
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 05:17 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
So I see your in another thread now calling CLK's and ML's crap also, Mr. rocking a 1990 Benz... You have shared your knowledge with all of us and we are so very grateful for it... If you are full of so much knowledge about what cars are worth having and so forth, why would you hang on to a car that even a minor repair might total out?? You do realize about 4 hours of labor alone would total out that glorified 1990 300SE??? I'll give you my thoughts like you have given others yours. Your car is not worth repairing, so why the hell would you keep it?? Seems like you would be throwing your money in the trash... Not to mention the embarrassment you would be saving yourself being seen in that thing you call a nice car.. PS: I love your rims..

2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan.
C55 Lip Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, 3 Fin Grill, Flat Hood Emblem, Clear Corners, Projector Headlights, Eyelids, Projector Foglights, Brabus Door Pins, Smoked Tail Lights, Smoked Third Brake Light, and Window Tints.
Next: C63's & AMG facelift.
post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:01 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
So I see your in another thread now calling CLK's and ML's crap also, Mr. rocking a 1990 Benz... You have shared your knowledge with all of us and we are so very grateful for it... If you are full of so much knowledge about what cars are worth having and so forth, why would you hang on to a car that even a minor repair might total out?? You do realize about 4 hours of labor alone would total out that glorified 1990 300SE??? I'll give you my thoughts like you have given others yours. Your car is not worth repairing, so why the hell would you keep it?? Seems like you would be throwing your money in the trash... Not to mention the embarrassment you would be saving yourself being seen in that thing you call a nice car.. PS: I love your rims..
If you think CLK's and First generation ML's are anything more then junk, then the hood star is really blinding your vision! The ML is a cheap American made Chrysler (look at the door tag, made by Chrysler in Alabama under license from MB). The CLK's are simply an over-styled 2 door C class. MB is dropping the CLK and going back to E class 2 door for a reason.

Do you have people coming up to you and asking to buy your car outright on the spot? I don't think so. I get nothing but comments and offers to buy my car wherever I go, thank you. It was one of the best cars Mercedes ever made, and if you don't know that, then you shouldn't be on this form. I would be quite embarrassed to be seen in a rich man's Chrysler, such as your C230.
post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:22 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
First off, why did you not answer my question about why your car wouldn't even be worth fixing because of its value??? All of the above cars are worth more than yours and look tons better you know... Yes, I agree with you, your car does not look that bad... If it was sitting in a trailor park.. Getting compliments from people that would want that thing are probably not compliments that I would want to be hearing.... People only give you offers on the spot because they probably have enough money on them at any given time to purchase your car.. Lastly, mine doesn't have a hood star just for your future references...

2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan.
C55 Lip Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, 3 Fin Grill, Flat Hood Emblem, Clear Corners, Projector Headlights, Eyelids, Projector Foglights, Brabus Door Pins, Smoked Tail Lights, Smoked Third Brake Light, and Window Tints.
Next: C63's & AMG facelift.
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 07:54 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Lastly, mine doesn't have a hood star just for your future references...
Why? Because, due to the high build quality, it broke off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in