LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down Mercedes-benz will be loosing a customer

I remember the day when i first looked at a mercedes and was so proud of the presitge these vehicles had, today however i have a diffrent out look on these vehicles not cause of their expensive labor involved with repairs but how customer service tends to be a wolf in sheeps clothing.

David Michael in freehold has recently taken in my fathers e-class(w210 e320 96') this vehicle was in great condition considering the mileage and was due for a maintence to make this vehicle one of the runners for the highest mileage(currently had 160K on it). When we dropped it off the vehicle had no warning signs nothing! We were told by the rep it needed ball joints and a head gasket repair.

5000.00 dollars later (rounded) have actual invoices copies.

Same day or maybe following day this vehicle was ready and we drove it home...washed and detailed.... Few miles down the road check engine light goes on. Vehicle was returned and same loaner car given back. They forgot to test drive vehicle!!! omg does that make us confident of our mercedes dealer?. When returned mechanic didnt know what was wrong with it assumed there was a sensor thats was broken? Well guess what they kept the car for 6 days and we finally got it back. David Michael of mercedes in freehold does not know whats wrong with this vehicle. Now please understand I want everyone to know ive spent lots of money at this location more importantly my father, my family has been a major mercedes fanatics as long as i can remember. This incident has soured our desire to drive these vehicles from now on. We currently own a ml, clk430, and my fathers beloved e-class.

Mercedes of freehold ( momouth county, nj) wants to compensate us for this by sending us a check for $499 that they have sent in the mail already. Now we spent close $5000 with in two weeks. They want to solve this by leaving us with a problem that mostlikly can be harmful to our vehicles life. The feeling my family got from this statement of compensation is that we are being brushed off becuase of productivity wasted on our vehicle (We arent important customers. Also it makes us think... was this job of the head gasket done correctly? How many jobs have they done not knowing exactly whats wrong? All the money spent on repairs not needed to solve a problem in the past.

It brings me back again to a day where i said i will be driving mercedes my whole life ( my name is benzadikiton) but if this stealership is not going to really solve this problem then those days of loved memories are going to fade away and i will definitly purchase my next vehicle from another car maker possibly lexus or infiniti. That statement will be followed my whole family!

I will keep you updated

Benznotsoadikted

Last edited by BenzadiKtion; 11-06-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2003 E55
Don't let a team of service dept. at the dealer let you down. What you and others need is one reliable shop down to its owner and mechanics. Dealer is the least place I would recommend to find a car-doctor, since, you're actually never see the doctors, or even talked to them. Only sweet-mouth service writer who never dirty their hands and always think how to grab your wallet is the person you faced There some good mechanics out there that think same as you, Mercedes-Benz as an art-of -engineering that can do a better job, lower price. Just my 0.02
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 12:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 CLK430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I don't know what your local dealer did to your car, but I find it highly unlikely that you dropped it off in the morning and later that day they had run diagnostics, replaced the ball joints and a head gasket. I'm not saying they didn't tell you that, I'm saying I doubt they actually did a head gasket and the ball joints in under a day. In addition, I have no idea how someone, let alone a DEALER MECHANIC, could do a head gasket job and not test drive the car. No test drive after a ball joint job is even more unheard of. One word – insurance. No suspension work is EVER done to a car at a dealer without a test drive. If they skipped it, and admitted that to a customer, they are incompetent AND stupid. If you're serious, and this happened exactly as you just described, call MB USA and tell them you want an appointment with the regional service rep. Explain it to him. Make sure he understands that a dealer did the ball joints and didn't test drive the car. Make sure that he understands there is a degree of skepticism about a dealer having done a head gasket and the ball joints in less than a day. Doesn't it seem odd to you that your local dealer keeps parts in stock to do all that work on a thirteen year old car?

Also, a "dealer" says they don't know what’s wrong with your car? A Dealer? I know dealers that would replace your engine wiring harness, the ECU, chassis wiring harness, and keep right on chucking parts at it until you ran out of money and credit, but they would never admit that they "don’t know what’s wrong with it". If you hate your Jersey dealer (and it sounds like you should), there's another one right up the road, and they're actually owned by MB USA – Mercedes-Benz of Manhattan. They will find out what's wrong with your car. In fact, when you talk to the regional rep, tell him you can't trust the local hack and want to go across the river. Lastly, you may want to ask the regional rep if he thinks it's OK to charge a customer five thousand dollars, give the customer the car back, and say, "duh, we don't know what the problem is, can we give you $500 back and call it even?"
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Agreeing with MarcusF here and I would definitely get the MBUSA regional service rep involved as soon as possible. This sounds very fishy to me. Good luck.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 07:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzadiKtion View Post
I will keep you updated
Please, do, I can't wait to hear how this ends. Meanwhile, are there any good grammar tutors in the Monmouth County area?

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
MB has heard that before (losing customer).

S.

2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2007 Lexus IS350 Sport package smoky granite mica/gray (+F-Sport, etc.)
2010 Honda Civic GX (CNG) white/tan
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 11:20 AM
~BANNED~

Vehicle: 99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
Why would you drop over 5 grand on a low quality 96 E320 that has 160k miles on it? That one repair just easily exceeded the value of the car.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 12:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2004 E500 Wagon, 2004 E55 AMG
I would never trust a dealership unless the mechanic would be a personal friend! Good luck and I hope you'll get more than $499 back!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for your support everyone! After writing this i continued my on-slaught for justice. I followed this up with a letter emailed to the manager of david michael of freehold. Following day after writing this email at 1:30 am, my father recieved a phone call at his work by the weasel of a service manager apologizing for the customer service and said for my father to bring the car back immediatly to repair the vehicle becuase they all of a sudden figured out that this car needed a new timing chain tensioner and some sort of gasket (which im pretty sure was taken off to do this head gasket job. So they said they will fix that for free, they followed up with another call today saying that the timing chain itself was to loose ( possibly from tensioner being put back wrong could be wrong about that but still a possibility.) As for the job being more then the car, well thats def the truth but to my father that e class is his second love besides my mom and yea its old, yea it might be out of date, but he likes it and thats why we drive mercedes but this situation made us think twice about mercedes. I hate to say it

Sorry for my spelling of that fine county called Monmouth haha

Also everyone again thanks your imput and support

i let you more once this chaos is over
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
oh and yes it was that quick for the operation on the car in the first place for the joints and gasket my father felt the same way but we trusted them....mistake#1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in