Thanks to MBForum for helping me resolve P0170 & P0173 problem on my ML320 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Oct 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Smile Thanks to MBForum for helping me resolve P0170 & P0173 problem on my ML320

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I own a 1999 ML320. Broguht it new in Dec98. It only has 63K miles and had no major issues till six monts ago except breaks and sunroof problem. About 6 monts ago, the check engine light came on. During my service MB Dealer checked and said it would need a mass air meter and that it would cost me about $700. I denied the repair but the dealer any way charged me $150. I was mad that they charged me so much but paid and got out of dealership hoping to take care of it later. Since my inspection is due in December, I was trying to see how to get this fixed at a low cost. The information posted on this site has helped me order the parts ( Bosch Aire meter and Air filter ) from AutohausAZ and have been able to repalce both these myself for about $185 myself. My sincere thanks to all of you on the MB forum for your wonderful posts. With the help of some of the posts in the forum, I actually was able to convince MBUSA and have my CATS checked for free for any cracks. I used information from the link provided here which states that MBUSA had settled a claim with EPA and would voluntarily inspect \ repalce if required the CATS on 1999 - 2001 ML320 for most VIN's. The details of claim settlement are available in the link : Mercedes Clean Air Settlement | Civil Enforcement | Compliance and Enforcement | US EPA

My check engine light is gone ( I reset by disabling the battery ) and have run it over 200 miles. It has been over two weeks now. My ML now runs like new again.

Again, thanks a lot.. You guys are the best.

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: