LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2004 MB CLK 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cool An intresting mercedes/ police story.

Hello All,

My name is David, I'm 23. I have posted a couple of times here already. I recently purchased a 2004 Mercedes CLK 500 50k miles w/ AMG Body Kit ( I have heard they all have that, then I heard some don't... not sure). Anyways, I thought I would share an intresting story that involved my car today.

Ok, so I'm crusing up to a red light, I go past a police officer in a tahoe in the right turn lane ( I'm going straight) my windows are down. Light turns green, and I get up to the speed limit, not a mile over. I look in the rear view and notice the cop is behind me. I go through another intersection where a dumb ass in a dodge charger cuts me off in the middle of the intersection. I knew the cop was behind me, I didn't beep more horn... didn't do anything. I go about another qtr. mile and the cop lights me up.

I pull over he gives me the typical, liscense registration b.s.
I give it to him. He tells me my temp. paper plates are really exired. They have 9.21.08 on them. 2 DAYS expired!!! I told him I called on the plates today but the dealer had no answers. He told me to go to the dealer and get new ones. I told him I bought the car in dallas. (i live in Houston). He tells me thats your problem. I asked if he saw the charger cut me off in the intersection. He says yes he did. He says it was "bad driving." He tells me to sit tight as he runs my info. He comes back a couple of minutes later.

He says, "so whats the deal with you? are you a football player or some sort of athlete with your fancy car and muscles?" "I mean you know you got this Mercedes and those big muscles"....( I'm 6''3 230, pretty muscular )

I told him no, that it's only a $20k car and I work for a venture capital firm and lift weights.

He lets me go and tells me to get it taken care immediatley.

If that isn't the definition of a HATER, I don't know what is. I felt like I got profiled or somthing (I'm white)

The car gets a lot of looks, it really does. I live in a very affluent part of Houston too. But this wasn't what I signed up for. My Infiniti didn't get me in trouble.

Anybody else have "hater" stories?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1120 Post(s)
Change the area. In my neighborhood school lane about 50% cars are Mercedes, 30% are Volvos and the rest is mix.
Only red convertible Rolls Royces are turning heads.
Congratulations on your ride.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
I live in Sugar Land Texas. Lots of the Enron execs lived by me (lol). Texans, Astros, Rockets and other corp. execs live in Sugar Land.
Tracy Mcgrady lives less than a mile away in a 18,000 sq ft house. (BTW he drives a Baby Blue CL600).Newsweek said it was the 3rd best place to live in the country. Bottom line is much like where you live mercedes are a dime a dozen. Hell we even have our Mercedes Dealership, Mercedes of Sugar Land. Volvo, not so much. Lexus and Denail/ Escaldes rules around here with the soccer moms pickin up there kids.

I still get looks in the CLk 500 though.

Last edited by Bad_Debt; 10-23-2008 at 09:20 PM.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 07:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Debt View Post
If that isn't the definition of a HATER, I don't know what is. I felt like I got profiled or somthing
Nah, he was just a jackass with a badge. A HATER would have found something to arrest you for.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
^^^

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Sorry to hear about your hassle with the police, but I'd like to say you got a great deal on that car for only $20,000! Or were you rounding it down a bit for the guy?

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 05:50 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
I have a good'r. I bought my Mars Red 2004 SL500, with 20 inch chromeMBwheels down in Reno, and drove it back up to Canada, to my home city of Saskatoon, population 220,000. Its a lower/middle class city. Beautiful city tho, not too many people driving Mercedes-Benz up there. Sometimes you see an older one, a lot of 1990-1998 BMW, Cadillac, etc, camaros/trans ams.
I am only 24 (and i look about 20 yrs old still) with a really good job, i bought the SL500 and brought it back home, The drive thru the USA was a pleasure (as always), I cross up to Canada, and am about 2 hours from my home city Saskatoon, I notice that Im getting a lot of looks, Im keeping up with traffic, driving in the left lane of the divided highway, passing people in the right lane, keeping up with left lane traffic...... Well i get to Saskatoon and there are police waiting for me where the highway meets the city. I pull over and they come to the car, asking allsorts of questions, The usual, ask for regestration and insurance etc, Then they tell me that they have had several calls frompeopel on the highway that there was a suspicious Mercedes-Benz with a very young driver, driving like he owned the road,a very very suspicious driver, with no plate on the back of his car (i had the temp. paper regestration/insurance taped to my windshield) they said that it looked like the car was stolen, no plate, young driver that looked really care free as he was driving it. I laughed so hard when he was telling me this. People thought I looked suspicious? LOL i guess no plate on the back is a bit odd, but for several peopel to call that in, wow, thats really something. I said to the cop "i really don't know what you want me to tell you, um... i guess i don't know what to say because i'm not too sure what i did wrong?" He ended up agreeing with me that there was no reason i shoudl be pulled over. He was in his 40's and he kept saying how much he loved the car and how he couldnt understand how someone my age had a car like that.

R230
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
$20,300 out the door. 51,000 miles. Service records and carfax. Clean car, save one road rashed wheel.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 2004 CL500 2008 ML320CDI
Lifetime Premium Member
There's a highway trooper that patrols I-39 up here, and I've heard that his "specialty" is overly tinted windows, loud pipes & missing front plates (you're supposed to have them on in Wisconsin). When we got the wife's SLK320 last year it didn't have thefront plate bracket even attached - cool! Knew it was illegal, but I've talked to many people without 'em (including a cop friend) - even the guy we bought it from (and he lives in a state trooper nest area) - and figured What the hey? Well on her way to work she drives by the nice officer and he pulls her over for just that & gives her a "get it taken care of or else" ticket. But when he runs the registration and sees I have the CL500, he gets real snotty with her & tells her that I better have my front plate on "or else." What an ass!

"Someday you will die somehow and something's gonna steal your carbon."
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Vehicle: 98c230 & 98c43
Trust, a hater is NOT that. He just wanted to throw his weight around, most likely jealous he doesnt have a nice car such as that, or those... big muscles, haha

Im a college student working for a police department down at Riverside, so i know how cops can act. Were he a true hater you would have had been asked to pop your hood to check for illegal modifications (refusal to do so would lead to more annoying problems), AND you would have been ticketed for expired registration, as well as a search of the interior of your beautiful car from his (probably) dirty hards.

In other words, you dont want to be on the bad side of a jackass cop, cuz they can ruin your day fast. Thank god for me i was never pulled over yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in