An intresting mercedes/ police story. - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 04:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2004 W220 (S430) ; 2001 R129 (SL500) Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm with pinoc. A real hater can make your life completely miserable just for grins. I travel out of the country a lot, and it's always stunning to me how many people decide to give the folks in the immigration hall a hard time for doing their job. That results in a "complete" body cavity search just 'cause they can. Same thing with a cop. Be nice, do what you're told, and you'll be on your way. Decide you're going to show the cop who the boss is and you'll learn a lesson you should be content to read. If you're young and have the good luck and hard work to be able to afford a MRZ, jealousy is a problem you'll have from others. Thanks for the tales, guys. I'll remember them.

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."--John Steinbeck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 09:53 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: CL500, E430, SLK, Subaru...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Debt View Post
He says, "so whats the deal with you? are you a football player or some sort of athlete with your fancy car and muscles?" "I mean you know you got this Mercedes and those big muscles"....( I'm 6''3 230, pretty muscular )

I told him no, that it's only a $20k car and I work for a venture capital firm and lift weights.
Hahahahahahahaaaaa that's not a Hater, that's a Lover!

Congratulations: you have just failed the Gay Trooper test!

(I've had a few out and out haters, evenly divided between my old E55 and my partner's SLK. The SLK is a real gay-baiter car - it's bright banana yellow. The comments always slip a bit into repressed homo/dyke-o territory when some kid of a copper decides to have a look. The E55 mostly got genuine Wayne's World style "we are not worthy" stuff - people taking pix of it in car parks, that kinda thing. Was stopped once in the outskirts of Munich while a carload of Bavarian State Police decided whether my british documents were good enough proof that I actually owned the car [d'oh!]... actually that was the stop with the least sexual overtones to it...)

(it was the "muscles" bit that gives away your copper's motives. And your complete missing of his signals that shows you to be a 100% straight boy! You should have a tattoo to that effect, without delay!)

Steve
London, right in the middle
03 CL500 (Black/Grey, 48k, Comand, 7GTronic, Keyless Go) 302 Bhp
01 E430 (Silver/Black, 112k, Comand, Lingua, 7 seats, tow...) 275 Bhp
97 SLK (40k, Yellowstone, partner's car!) 200 Bhp
03 A210 AMG (Black/Black, 63k, project rescue car) 140 Bhp

...I make that 917 Bhp...!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2008
This is not a hater story:
Everytime I cross the border driving my MBz to the US, the border guards do not give me a hard time. Not sure if this is only luck on my part..

2010 B200, Polar Silver, Premium Pkg
2008 ML350, Obsidian Black, Premium Pkg
2008 C300, Calcite White
2007 C230, 040 Black, Premium Pkg (gone)
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2004 E320 & E55 AMG
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm pretty young myself with 28 and driving the E-Class and I get a lot of looks as well. Don't know why but most of them are hater looks. Every age, no matter if they are 20, 40 or old grumpy 80's people. Another thing I recognized is people give you more space between their and my car and let you rather drive on a 4-way stop sign intersection. Might be they are affraid of crashing and paying if it is their fault - but just my opinion.

I got pulled over recently. Just picked up my friends from Germany (oh it was their immediate thrill on US soil hehe). Cope approached and said: "Sir, just to let you know I pulled you over b/c I can't see a damn shit going on inside your car". Well I have limo dark tinted windows all around. So I'm always prepared and had everything already on my lap for him. So he ran the check and came back with a warning and said: "Oh btw, this is a 45 mph zone, not 65 mph. So please drive save and just to let you know, you have a beautiful car". I appologzied for speeding explaining that I didn't pay attention because I haven't seen my friends for 7 years and we had a lot to talk about. He smiled, asked where they are from and I told him from Stuttgart and he was happy. He told us he used to live in Stuttgart as a 5 year old for 5 years. He was in the mid 40's I guess.

Long story short, this happened to me 3 more times: only a warning, no fixing ticket and no ticket for the tint or speeding.

I think cops are just human beings like all of us with a lack of self confidence and they just like to live their life on the streets b/c of the badge as some here in this string stated as well. So if you get pulled over, just be polite since the least thing they need are people who get busted and try to act like a hero and think they know it all better. At least that worked for me 6 times in 8 years and I never got a ticket so far.

The only thing that really concens me is my temp. registration. I'm driving around for 10 months now without license plates. I called up DMV in Sacramento to ask where they are and they have no idea. They don't even know if they ever sent them out. Any idea what to do since I paid for them and I don't wanna pay again since this isn't my fault.

Mackhack

[x] Limo Dark Window Tint
[x] Bluetooth Puck
[x] Euro COMAND/DVD Navigation (527)
[x] UPsolut ECU Tuning
[x] iPod Integ. Kit (057)
[x] Power Folding Mirrors (500)
[x] THERMOTRONIC (581)
[x] Linguatronic (396)
[x] Interior Motion Sensor (882)
[x] 12V Aux Socket in Trunk (Y763)
[x] Distronic (219)
[x] Digital/Analog TV Tuner (863)
[x] Power Trunk Closer (881)
[x] Ill. Door Sills

www.mbretrofits.com

Last edited by Mackhack; 10-27-2008 at 12:07 PM.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 09:53 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: CL500, E430, SLK, Subaru...
asked the cops about your registration? If they can nick you for not having it then it seems likely they can slap the locals for not getting it to you!

Steve
London, right in the middle
03 CL500 (Black/Grey, 48k, Comand, 7GTronic, Keyless Go) 302 Bhp
01 E430 (Silver/Black, 112k, Comand, Lingua, 7 seats, tow...) 275 Bhp
97 SLK (40k, Yellowstone, partner's car!) 200 Bhp
03 A210 AMG (Black/Black, 63k, project rescue car) 140 Bhp

...I make that 917 Bhp...!
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 09:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2004 E320 & E55 AMG
@LondonThing:

I gave him my papers and said: "The rest is sticking on my windshield" with a smile. He said that he doesn't need the temp. registration and that was in July/August therefore, 7 to 8 months already after I purchased my car.

But it would be nice to see my rights/responsibilities here with the missing license plate.

Mackhack

[x] Limo Dark Window Tint
[x] Bluetooth Puck
[x] Euro COMAND/DVD Navigation (527)
[x] UPsolut ECU Tuning
[x] iPod Integ. Kit (057)
[x] Power Folding Mirrors (500)
[x] THERMOTRONIC (581)
[x] Linguatronic (396)
[x] Interior Motion Sensor (882)
[x] 12V Aux Socket in Trunk (Y763)
[x] Distronic (219)
[x] Digital/Analog TV Tuner (863)
[x] Power Trunk Closer (881)
[x] Ill. Door Sills

www.mbretrofits.com
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:04 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: '04 Black CL500, "06 White ML350, '98 Red Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonThing View Post
Hahahahahahahaaaaa that's not a Hater, that's a Lover!

Congratulations: you have just failed the Gay Trooper test!

(I've had a few out and out haters, evenly divided between my old E55 and my partner's SLK. The SLK is a real gay-baiter car - it's bright banana yellow. The comments always slip a bit into repressed homo/dyke-o territory when some kid of a copper decides to have a look. The E55 mostly got genuine Wayne's World style "we are not worthy" stuff - people taking pix of it in car parks, that kinda thing. Was stopped once in the outskirts of Munich while a carload of Bavarian State Police decided whether my british documents were good enough proof that I actually owned the car [d'oh!]... actually that was the stop with the least sexual overtones to it...)

(it was the "muscles" bit that gives away your copper's motives. And your complete missing of his signals that shows you to be a 100% straight boy! You should have a tattoo to that effect, without delay!)
That is truly priceless

"Roll that beautiful bean footage!"
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 1965 220S, 1999 Volvo V70 (wagon), 2006 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 72 350SL 4 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryingpan View Post
I have a good'r. I bought my Mars Red 2004 SL500, with 20 inch chromeMBwheels down in Reno, and drove it back up to Canada, to my home city of Saskatoon, population 220,000. Its a lower/middle class city. Beautiful city tho, not too many people driving Mercedes-Benz up there. Sometimes you see an older one, a lot of 1990-1998 BMW, Cadillac, etc, camaros/trans ams.
I am only 24 (and i look about 20 yrs old still) with a really good job, i bought the SL500 and brought it back home, The drive thru the USA was a pleasure (as always), I cross up to Canada, and am about 2 hours from my home city Saskatoon, I notice that Im getting a lot of looks, Im keeping up with traffic, driving in the left lane of the divided highway, passing people in the right lane, keeping up with left lane traffic...... Well i get to Saskatoon and there are police waiting for me where the highway meets the city. I pull over and they come to the car, asking allsorts of questions, The usual, ask for regestration and insurance etc, Then they tell me that they have had several calls frompeopel on the highway that there was a suspicious Mercedes-Benz with a very young driver, driving like he owned the road,a very very suspicious driver, with no plate on the back of his car (i had the temp. paper regestration/insurance taped to my windshield) they said that it looked like the car was stolen, no plate, young driver that looked really care free as he was driving it. I laughed so hard when he was telling me this. People thought I looked suspicious? LOL i guess no plate on the back is a bit odd, but for several peopel to call that in, wow, thats really something. I said to the cop "i really don't know what you want me to tell you, um... i guess i don't know what to say because i'm not too sure what i did wrong?" He ended up agreeing with me that there was no reason i shoudl be pulled over. He was in his 40's and he kept saying how much he loved the car and how he couldnt understand how someone my age had a car like that.
That's called HearSay. They have no actual proof and no witnesses.

Near Manassas Va. '65 220S, 2006 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, '99 Volvo V70, '72 350SL 4 speed

Not part of the in-crowd since 1952. It's BRAKES not breaks. You break a bone, use brakes to stop your car. /rant

http://www.megamanual.com/index.html
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 08:48 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2007
I have a weird history a little bit off topic since it didn't happen on a MB but in my motorcycle (06 yamaha yzf).
I was driving at normal speed (rare occasion) i stop in a light and i saw the patrol in the mirror, i keep going and i saw that "i'm-waiting-for-you-to-give-me-an-excuse-to-stop-you" follow, i didn't do anything wrong for several blocks, so in another light, he just stops besides me, roll down his window and say:"Do you have your license there?" i look into my fanny pack and give it to him, he says "mmm...OK, Mmm.. is that bike yours?" (please note that he didn't ask me for the registration!!!)i said "of course!" he say "why you are not wearing a helmet?" i told him that i have a insurance and i'm not forced to (At this point i'm thinking if he is a real cop!!)he gave me my license back and told me that i need to wear the helmet for my own protection(...?) and goes away, that was the weirdest police stop in my whole life!! i have been pulled over a couple of times but usually they do it the traditional way, i'm always cooperative and understanding and all my stops ends in some conversation and a warning, since they don't see bikes as a danger for other drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in